Interesting Attendance Concept

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

Yes - I didn’t see preseason on schedule but it has been pointed out that I am incompetent at proper googling NFL schedules.  

Lol I get my lumps when I ask what corps are doing at Indy and get “you should check yourself”. Interesting that preseason is not on schedule as they are big $$$$ makers.

Ohio has  an interesting idea for vaccinated people.

They're having a 5 week lottery starting May 26,2021.

They'll be a prize of $1,000,000 each week.

For "younger residents" they will have a prize of a 4 year scholarship to any State university,including tuition,room and board.

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

For "younger residents" they will have a prize of a 4 year scholarship to any State university,including tuition,room and board.

I’m assuming this is free to enter for vaccinated people.  Where then is the $5 mil+ coming from to fund the payouts?

2 hours ago, Quad Aces said:

I’m assuming this is free to enter for vaccinated people.  Where then is the $5 mil+ coming from to fund the payouts?

All registered voters will be in the drawing or you can add your name on a website...which is how they will do the students.  Drawings will be done by the Ohio Lottery.  Winners must prove they are fully vaccinated. Money is coming from the covid funds sent to the state by the feds...so yes, tax payer money.  (Is there any other kind when talking government spending.)  Gov. DeWine is receiving some flack (it was his idea).  If I win a million I'll be all for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Other states are giving a free beer when you get vaccinated.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7857642/us-covid-vaccine-incentives/

1 hour ago, Continental said:

One in line, one at the vaccination desk (Left arm for the shot, right hand for the beer).  

And then a departing beer as I exit the vaccination center. 

Gotta do something during those 15 minutes you have to wait to see if you get a bad reaction. 🤔

• Haha 1