Interesting Attendance Concept

23 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

But … in the late ‘70s we had Legend of the One Eyed Sailor, Land of Make Believe, Chase the Clouds Away, El Gato Trieste, Children, just to name a few off the top of my head.

Just looked up Corps that played Chuck Mangione pieces starting in the '70s.  Wow

DCX - Drum Corps Xperience (dcxmuseum.org)

Edited by Continental
  • Like 3

Indy info posted on the DCP Facebook page:

I emailed DCI and received this back pretty quickly regarding events in Indy:
“Details for the Celebration event are still in the works. Here is what we can tell you from here.
We anticipate the shows each day beginning at 3:00 PM and expect that the show will end near 10:00 PM.
All corps will perform all three days. The corps are still working through their program designs based on what is achievable with the time constraints they will be working through. But, we expect that you will see plenty of the drum corps performances as you would typically see.
In addition to the corps performances, there will be other performances by small ensembles, what you would typically consider to be encore presentations, soloists featured from the virtual Performers Showcase, and we will integrate various video presentations integrated throughout each day’s event.
Thursday will be a bit of a look back in DCI history. Friday, we will celebrate the performers with age out recognition after each corps’ performance. Saturday is all about looking forward to the beginning of the celebration of the 50th anniversary.”
Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Thanks 2

Hoping  for info on internet live feed...

On 5/10/2021 at 5:37 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

He absolutely was. I think there were a total of eight corps who played it, three that made finals. (Don’t fact check me on that, but I think I am right.)

don't forget Tiger of San Pedro and Birdland that year

• Like 1

On 5/10/2021 at 6:29 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

And now I can’t get that stupid song out of my head!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Someone asked in the comments if Flo would be broadcasting but they said DCI didn't reply to that question. 

their response was buffering

• Haha 3