Interesting Attendance Concept

Someone mentioned earlier that there needs to be consideration in a case like this about concessions and other amenities being equitable to both the vaccinated sections and non-vaccinated sections.  What about the seats and the corresponding views themselves?  Are there equally good seats made available to the vaccinated section and the non-vaccinated section?

I myself am vaccinated, but if it means sitting in the non-vaccinated section to get a better seat or more room, I think that’s where I’m going.

And now that I type that, it occurs to me that having that flexibility as a result of getting the vaccine can be construed as “privilege”, but perhaps that is what this type of arrangement causes as a side effect.

Edited by Quad Aces

24 minutes ago, Quad Aces said:

Someone mentioned earlier that there needs to be consideration in a case like this about concessions and other amenities being equitable to both the vaccinated sections and non-vaccinated sections.  What about the seats and the corresponding views themselves?  Are there equally good seats made available to the vaccinated section and the non-vaccinated section?

I myself am vaccinated, but if it means sitting in the non-vaccinated section to get a better seat or more room, I think that’s where I’m going.

And now that I type that, it occurs to me that having that flexibility as a result of getting the vaccine can be construed as “privilege”, but perhaps that is what this type of arrangement causes as a side effect.

If they follow the template of the NY ballparks which is the OP, it will be 100% capacity for vaccinated people, and 33% for unvaccinated.  So I imagine the best seats would be for the vaccinated. 

• Thanks 1

25-cent beers with every-other-seat social distancing.

Lucas Oil Stadium... guaranteed half full. 

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Yesterday New York announced yesterday that they would be modifying seating capacity for Yankee Stadium,City Field and Buffalo's baseball stadium.

Basically they are creating separate sections for vaccinated and non-vaccinated people.

The vaccinated sections will allow 100% capacity.

Non-vaccinated sections 33% capacity.

This does,as the teams admit,create some logistical issues.

But the increased capacity is worth it.

Obviously,this approach isn't viable for smaller venues.

But could work at LOS

so how do they enforce it? if you order online, how do you prove it?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Yup! With all the threads that get closed, I toyed with the idea of opening a thread entitled, “In before close.” 🤣

i did that once. it got closed

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

This should be fun.  Rife with disaster.  I’ll sit back and watch the calamity. 

exactly. a facebook meme waiting to be made

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

The security at LOS makes Barney Fife look like Rambo.  They’re not like the storm troopers at Moosic, Jim.  Not even close. 

well we don't know. Troopers staff never took on a brown shirt

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Ghost said:

As long as it doesn't end up like 10 cent beer night in Cleveland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxTtzLUteDA

That, and Disco Demolition Night... two events that will live in baseball infamy! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2