Blue Devils 2021 Announcements

Come learn with us LIVE & IN-PERSON this summer!
Yahoo/Inbox
  • photo?spsize=80X80&fallback_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs.yimg.com%2Fdh%2Fap%2Fsocial%2Fprofile%2Fprofile_a64.png&alphatar_photo=true&appId=YMailNorrin&badge=false
    BD Performing Arts <admin@bluedevils.org>
    To:cline1947@yahoo.com
    Fri, May 7 at 5:00 PM

View this email in your browser
    mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmcusercontent.com

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Performing Arts programs around the country have taken a significant hit in the past year, and now more than ever it's important that we invest in students and get them excited about music and marching arts again!

USBands and The Blue Devils have teamed up to create some incredible IN-PERSON events this summer that will do just that. Our Summer Education Series is perfect for students 8-10 year olds who are just getting started, motivated high school students, and everyone else in between! Curriculum will cover fundamentals, technique, leadership, diversity training, and more, PLUS all instruction will be specially tailored to fit the individual needs and learning goals of the students.

Please help us out and spread the word to all the students, band directors, and parents in your life who may be interested in attending one of our events in California or Texas. We're all working towards the same goal – supporting students, strengthening marching arts education, and paving a road back to the band room this fall! 

LIMITED TIME OFFER: When you sign up for the USBands Summer Education Series through May 19, you'll receive $150 off the total cost of registration!!!

CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE AND REGISTER TODAY!

We're a few days into the BDPA Silent Auction, but you still have plenty of time to check out our selection of items and place a bid! We've got vacation packages, framed art, home decor, lots of wine, celebrity autographs, and more – perfect gifts just in time for Mother's Day. The auction closes on May 10 at 9pm PST, so click here to bid now!
    The Blue Devils have a lot of exciting things planned for this summer, and we're looking for passionate, talented individuals to help us capture the magic. Whether you're a rockstar photographer, social media wizard, or out of this world video master - we want YOU on the team! Click here to fill out the BD Media Team Application today.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    YouTube
    Website
    Email
    Copyright © 2021 BD Performing Arts. All rights reserved.

Want to change how you receive these emails?
    You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.
    mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fbdperformingarts.us14.list-manage.com%2Ftrack%2Fopen.php%3Fu%3D9100c2c59f29e37447a9ad7e5%26id%3D49536e382e%26e%3De220e4b2ac&t=1620452622&ymreqid=f464164c-3e8a-2046-1ccd-ef0001013100&sig=S3tD5o5EHbWMRJY5wcDPQA--~D

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

Thanks for that information. I take it you won't be attending!!!

just interesting - don't you think BD won't be in Indy, but is fine with hosting children at $500 a pop

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Continental said:

While I think George is not personally affected, after being called out on more than one occasion here, I know the mods have little tolerance. 

I hear you. I will respond in a more cordial way. I agree. We should never make it personal.  

Edited by DFA1970

16 hours ago, George Dixon said:

just interesting - don't you think BD won't be in Indy, but is fine with hosting children at $500 a pop

I think it is a good thing they are going to provide a chance for kids to have a camp like session to learn. UsBands and the Devils are teaming up and maybe the cost has to do with coivid restrictions. There are many places in Texas that are wide open and have been for sometime now. Not sure about California as I thought they still have a great deal of restrictions. 

Sad that they can't perform for DCI events this summer. Guessing that it is easier to send some staff etc to these Sessions and get paid than it would to spend on a season. But they are going overseas so not sure. 

Do you think the corps that are choosing not to attend the DCI events this year are trying to cause damage to DCI? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, O&#x27;Neal&#x27;s said:

Do you think the corps that are choosing not to attend the DCI events this year are trying to cause damage to DCI? 

I don’t.  I think they’re making decisions that are the best for their individual organizations.  As they should.   If Covid has taught us anything, it’s that it’s a dog eat dog world and we’re wearing milk bone underwear. 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t.  I think they’re making decisions that are the best for their individual organizations.  As they should.   If Covid has taught us anything, it’s that it’s a dog eat dog world and we’re wearing milk bone underwear. 

Thinking of my day when there were two Senior corps organizations at the same time (twice). DCA had the best payouts but corps had to make top 10 at championships to have a chance at being invited to DCA shows. So every year some of the lesser corps would have to look at their balance sheet and possible position if they went to DCA championships. Sometimes the decision was made not to go to the DCA big show. Hard to tell your members that they’re not going but instead banking the $$$ for next year 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1