Blue Devils 2021 Announcements

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

So, there's no value in Indy or the mini-tour this year? Highly disagree.

Most of the corps heading to the "dog & pony show" are either full or nearly full corps at this time > so there's your "evidence of perceived value" >> at least to those hundreds and hundreds of marching members!

A large number of other CA corps are making it work! Mandarins, Pacific Crest, etc.

The attitude is very questionable. JMO It comes across (to me) like those with deep pockets "can't be bothered" since there's no hardware for the taking.

If you can’t win it why be in it? However 2022 BD will be focused on taking the big toy back to Cali. 

Edited by Poppycock

1 hour ago, O'Neal's said:

Does those 3 corps see themselves as the rich and will do as they please? They will do as they please and potential members will remember. 

These three members:

BD is giving their members the trip of a lifetime for half the cost of other corps going to Indy. Yup, I think future members will remember.

SCV has been rich but 2020 was rough for bingo and Indy is a long way for exhibitions. I don’t blame them for deciding to be cautious.

Crown is rich? First I’ve heard of it. Making a video might be fun.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

BD is giving their members the trip of a lifetime for half the cost of other corps going to Indy. Yup, I think future members will remember.

What trip of a lifetime?

https://www.baseltattoo.ch/

The Basel Tattoo 2021 does not take place

The Federal Council has announced planning prospects for major events. Events in July should be allowed with up to 3,000 people. Unfortunately, the Basel Tattoo 2021 cannot be carried out with the planned relaxation steps and will therefore be postponed to the coming year. Our disappointment is huge. Tickets that have already been purchased remain valid for the next Basel Tattoo from July 15 to 23, 2022.

We would like to thank all our customers, our fans, the helpers and all partners and sponsors for their trust, loyalty and support.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

What trip of a lifetime?

https://www.baseltattoo.ch/

The Basel Tattoo 2021 does not take place

The Federal Council has announced planning prospects for major events. Events in July should be allowed with up to 3,000 people. Unfortunately, the Basel Tattoo 2021 cannot be carried out with the planned relaxation steps and will therefore be postponed to the coming year. Our disappointment is huge. Tickets that have already been purchased remain valid for the next Basel Tattoo from July 15 to 23, 2022.

We would like to thank all our customers, our fans, the helpers and all partners and sponsors for their trust, loyalty and support.

Thank you for posting that.  I know it's disappointing for the members, but it's a wise decision. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

These three members:

SCV has been rich but 2020 was rough for bingo and Indy is a long way for exhibitions. I don’t blame them for deciding to be cautious.

Crown is rich? First I’ve heard of it. Making a video might be fun.

Did you see the Question Mark in my post that you quoted the sentence from? 

I know future members will remember, that part I did not present as a question.

Edited by O'Neal's

3 hours ago, Continental said:

Thank you for posting that.  I know it's disappointing for the members, but it's a wise decision. 

So the event made the wise decision?

What about the devils decision to travel internationally during a pandemic?

The way I read your post, its as if you think the devils made the wise decision. 

If its your opinion the event made the wise decision to postpone, does that mean you also believe the wise decision for DCI is to postpone until 2022? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

So the event made the wise decision?

What about the devils decision to travel internationally during a pandemic?

The way I read your post, its as if you think the devils made the wise decision. 

If its your opinion the event made the wise decision to postpone, does that mean you also believe the wise decision for DCI is to postpone until 2022? 

As is often the case, I cannot answer to how you read things. 

Have a nice day.  

Edited by Continental
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

One size does not fit all. Why would a decision made in Europe fit into decisions made in the US. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

One size does not fit all. Why would a decision made in Europe fit into decisions made in the US. 

Thank you JimF.  It's about much more than what we experience.  I speak with many people around the world and things are slower in many places.  

I trust Blue Devils.  They are fine.  They know what they are doing.  This decision by Basel will not affect them.  I have confidence they had this as a potential outcome.  

It will be interesting to see the reactions from posters who think that BD will suddenly have the means to come to the August get-together. 

They won't.

They are still in line to gather the best talent for 2022. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Continental said:

Thank you JimF.  It's about much more than what we experience.  I speak with many people around the world and things are slower in many places.  

I trust Blue Devils.  They are fine.  They know what they are doing.  This decision by Basel will not affect them.  I have confidence they had this as a potential outcome.  

It will be interesting to see the reactions from posters who think that BD will suddenly have the means to come to the August get-together. 

They won't.

They are still in line to gather the best talent for 2022. 

My understanding is the BD group going to Basil was not the corps itself but alumni and others. (Someone can correct me if wrong) So it’s not like BD have a DCI eligible group ready to switch directions to Indy