Blue Devils 2021 Announcements

2 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

My understanding is the BD group going to Basil was not the corps itself but alumni and others. (Someone can correct me if wrong) So it’s not like BD have a DCI eligible group ready to switch directions to Indy

From a financial standpoint, I assume it is under the same umbrella as the rest of the organization. 

As for a DCI eligible group, I think you are right. 

The activity has many, very competent financial wizards pulling rabbits out of hats.  

When BD says no, I have complete confidence that the details have been hashed out. 

I will welcome BD back into North American competition in 2022 (along with others). 

Their decision to not participate will have absolutely no effect on my being a fan when they participate. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Poppycock said:

If you can’t win it why be in it? However 2022 BD will be focused on taking the big toy back to Cali. 

Well, given the current judging community, and the reload of talent they get season after season, and the staff stability - no doubt they are the odds-on favorite!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

One size does not fit all. Why would a decision made in Europe fit into decisions made in the US. 

Again I was asking for the opinion and not making a statement about either decision myself. I will give it a try though. 

In my opinion DCI decision is a good one. I am unsure about what exactly is happening in Europe but according to the state department, there restrictions on entry from the USA. Even if the event was not postponed it would have been impossible to travel there unless the travel restrictions were lifted. 

Ironically with regards to your post above. The decision by the tatoo will fit into decisions to be made in the USA by the devils. 

11 hours ago, Poppycock said:

If you can’t win it why be in it? However 2022 BD will be focused on taking the big toy back to Cali. 

I suspect BD not participating in 2021 has nothing to do with "Can't win it."

From a financial standpoint, seeing the effects of the excellence of that organization,  they truly understand their current position and where they plan to be. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, O'Neal's said:

Again I was asking for the opinion and not making a statement about either decision myself. 

Ok I understand better now. Thanks

28 minutes ago, Continental said:

From a financial standpoint, I assume it is under the same umbrella as the rest of the organization. 

As for a DCI eligible group, I think you are right. 

I wasn’t even thinking financial side. I was thinking do they have enough warm bodies to put a corps and show together with 3 months to go....

21 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

BD does not have to justify what they do as an organization. Or SCV or ANY organization. PEACE!!!

Having sat on council of a failing church it’s amazing how far peoples perceptions and reality can be. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

What if the Blue Devils knew all along that their European trip was not going to happen this summer & it was all a 'ruse' for recruiting.  I mean, it could be a great conspiracy theory?  :whistle:

So we’re not doing the vaccine microchip thing anymore? I’m having a hard time keeping up. 

• Haha 4