Blue Devils 2021 Announcements

On 7/15/2021 at 1:06 PM, George Dixon said:

in your opinion... drum corps has never been a profitable exercise; but these 2021 members NEEDED this - BD/SCV etc. have essentially abandoned 2 years' worth of age outs, clearly no longer about the kids JMO

And if a corps over extends itself… what about the 2022 members and beyond?

• Thanks 1

On 7/15/2021 at 1:06 PM, George Dixon said:

in your opinion... drum corps has never been a profitable exercise; but these 2021 members NEEDED this - BD/SCV etc. have essentially abandoned 2 years' worth of age outs, clearly no longer about the kids JMO

one must remember Cali has had some of the harshest restrictions out there, and at the time decision for this year needed to truly start being ironed out, we were still in unchartered territory. I am not going to bash a corps what they decided to do or not do this summer. and like Bucs choosing not to do anything for DCA, when its a season with numbers, they'll still be the front runners.

• Like 2

On 7/15/2021 at 8:49 PM, jwillis35 said:

I respectfully disagree with this. In the case of the Blue Devils I think people forget (or maybe do not know) that they run a very large organization. It's not just the A corps. If you take the A corps out of it (where many of the members come from all over) what you have is a mostly local/regional organization that services a lot of kids. They have the B and C corps, Diabalo Wind Symphony, Yamaha School of Music, winter drum lines and guard, a special needs guard, and they run a lot of educational programs and clinics. I bet they have 350+ kids in the region who partake in various services offered, and that's NOT counting the A corps.

By staying local and not taking part in this DCI exhibition tour the Blue Devils are re-building their local organization and tending to the local and regional youth they offer services to. They are not abandoning anyone. The members that marched the A corps who may have had a year or two left to march are certainly talented enough to do so. There was plenty of opportunity. 

don't forget BD also owns USBands now

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

don't forget BD also owns USBands now

I did forget about this. That's a lot of work as well. 

18 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

one must remember Cali has had some of the harshest restrictions out there, and at the time decision for this year needed to truly start being ironed out, we were still in unchartered territory. I am not going to bash a corps what they decided to do or not do this summer. and like Bucs choosing not to do anything for DCA, when its a season with numbers, they'll still be the front runners.

lol

22 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Yet BD is going to Europe this summer where Covid is still a problem. Makes no sense whatsoever.