Blue Devils 2021 Announcements

22 hours ago, George Dixon said:

yup given a better timeslot than Phantom Regiment, after they were given a spot on the Cinema event = ridiculous 

I don't know what this has to do with Phantom. This says August 11th. Phantom doesn't perform again until the 12th.

21 minutes ago, tommynev said:

I don't know what this has to do with Phantom. This says August 11th. Phantom doesn't perform again until the 12th.

huh?

30 minutes ago, tommynev said:

That’s when BD’s video entry debuts. The issue is that throughout the three days of “celebration events” in Indy, it has a better time on the schedule than Phantom due to the bonehead decision to go by 2019 competitive rankings, with the only exceptions being corps that submitted videos.

We’re just saying that going by 2019 competitive rankings wasn’t the best decision on DCI’s part. It’s pretty well evidenced by one of the fan-favorite shows of this season getting such an early time, much before BD who didn’t even show up and only has sent in a video.

On top of that, going by competitive rankings from two years ago tarnishes the purpose of “celebration” and having a fan-centered event, in my opinion.

Edited by college-phan
correction
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, college-phan said:

That’s when BD’s video entry debuts. The issue is that throughout the three days of “celebration events” in Indy, it has a better time on the schedule than Phantom due to the bonehead decision to go by 2019 competitive rankings, with the only exceptions being corps that submitted videos.

We’re just saying that going by 2019 competitive rankings wasn’t the best decision on DCI’s part. It’s pretty well evidenced by one of the fan-favorite shows of this season getting such an early time, much before BD who didn’t even show up and only has sent in a video.

On top of that, going by competitive rankings from two years ago tarnishes the purpose of “celebration” and having a fan-centered event, in my opinion.

plus next year pay scale and the first regional seedings will literally go by two-year-old results

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

Blue Devils should be given no slot better than the corps who actually showed up to Indy. DCI should not use 2019 in my opinion. The corps who did not show up to Indy should be given the worst slots available. Punished in some way in my opinion. 

Edited by Swamptihs

23 hours ago, George Dixon said:

DCI only cares about like 4 corps

And BD is dci’s. NFL Patriots/Brady day’s equivalent  🤨

2 hours ago, college-phan said:

I get that. I was just confused because the post said the BD video was premiering today. Also, Cadets and Phantom are definitely getting great reactions this year and going on ninth from last or whatever won't change that. Plus the corps going on after them are all having amazing years as well.

8 hours ago, Poppycock said:

No different than any other year.

Blue Devils calling, pick up on line two.

• Haha 3