Blue Devils 2021 Announcements

47 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Just got news that I’m now a DCI phanatic. I’m humbled by this award but does this mean I have to get another prescription?

Dang I just got an email that I bought so much crap there I am now a 2 star general in Ollie’s Army at Ollie’s Discount stores. You have to know Ollie’s weird sense of humor to appreciate it better. And Ollies started in my area.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Interesting on the comments on a year where anything actually goes. Bd always get hated for anything they do. It's called a video feature so it could be anything. I thought it was well put together, and i didn't have any expectation on what I THINK THEY should have done, and on how they should do it. As i did realized they did this a part of their BDX21 weekend which was shot, and later edit together to atleast have something for Indi. If this is a year about celebration, why not focus on actually CELEBRATING that the activity is alive, to actually be around to give you the opportunity to be criticizing every singly details. At  least BD still gave the kids something over the summer to do. You not only criticizing what they do, but the kids who are actually dedicating themselves doing it. Zeeesh! it's not a competition year, so give the corps a break to do whatever the heck they want to. You can now tear me apart if you will, i cares not. I say said what i want so bye Lol. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Interesting on the comments on a year where anything actually goes. Bd always get hated for anything they do. It's called a video feature so it could be anything. I thought it was well put together, and i didn't have any expectation on what I THINK THEY should have done, and on how they should do it. As i did realized they did this a part of their BDX21 weekend which was shot, and later edit together to atleast have something for Indi. If this is a year about celebration, why not focus on actually CELEBRATING that the activity is alive, to actually be around to give you the opportunity to be criticizing every singly details. At  least BD still gave the kids something over the summer to do. You not only criticizing what they do, but the kids who are actually dedicating themselves doing it. Zeeesh! it's not a competition year, so give the corps a break to do whatever the heck they want to. You can now tear me apart if you will, i cares not. I say said what i want so bye Lol. 

I have the utmost respect for BD but they chose not to come.  The corps that put their neck on the line by actually showing up should get all the attention and accolades.  If BD wants to literally mail it in, no problem, but show it during intermission or after the other corps perform live as it's not fair to them.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

I have the utmost respect for BD but they chose not to come.  The corps that put their neck on the line by actually showing up should get all the attention and accolades.  If BD wants to literally mail it in, no problem, but show it during intermission or after the other corps perform live as it's not fair to them.  

Oh, i see. Because BD the only corps who didn't march this year and sending in a video ? I guess it's BD who slot themselves on the shedule too ? And why should they be shown during an intermission. Don't say you have utmost respect for BD then want to place them during an intermission. I agree yes,the corps who march this year summer should be given that preference. Stop complaining on BD for DCI decision, go over to DCI to do that. Stop pointing at BD alone when other corps are also doing the same. Does it matter if they didn't planned on anything for Indi, but later decided to ? How do we know they didn't actually did planned to ? Shouldn't we be happy they are having some sort of presence with the rest of the community? If they are to be placed during an intermission, then all video submissions should be.

My suggestion would be that i would place ALL the video features that corps sent in, to be shown earlier before all the corps that march this summer. Not just one (BD). Phantom been amazing this summer 😍 and i really think they should be slotted after BD features, but i have no control over that. So what about Madison, colts, spirit of atlanta, troopers etc... who march and yet Crown and SVC video performance comes after them ? 🤔 if we are going to talk, lets talk about all of them, and call their names too, not just pick at one. Every corps is getting celebrated  and the love shown to them, but BD. Where's BD love ? Isn't the season about celebration, irregardless of DCI choices. Why can't we rise above being petty sometimes. Just saying, not pointing fingers.

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Oh, i see. Because BD the only corps who didn't march this year and sending in a video ? I guess it's BD who slot themselves on the shedule too ? And why should they be shown during an intermission. Don't say you have utmost respect for BD then want to place them during an intermission. I agree yes,the corps who march this year summer should be given that preference. Stop complaining on BD for DCI decision, go over to DCI to do that. Stop pointing at BD alone when other corps are also doing the same. Does it matter if they didn't planned on anything for Indi, but later decided to ? How do we know they didn't actually did planned to ? Shouldn't we be happy they are having some sort of presence with the rest of the community? If they are to be placed during an intermission, then all video submissions should be.

My suggestion would be that i would place ALL the video features that corps sent in, to be shown earlier before all the corps that march this summer. Not just one (BD). Phantom been amazing this summer 😍 and i really think they should be slotted before BD features, but i have no control over that. So what about Madison, colts, spirit of atlanta, troopers etc... who march and yet Crown and SVC video performance comes before them ? 🤔 if we are going to talk, lets talk about all of them, and call their names too, not just pick at one. Every corps is getting celebrated  and the love shown to them, but BD. Where's BD love ? Isn't the season about celebration, irregardless of DCI choices. Why can't we rise above being petty sometimes. Just saying, not pointing fingers.

I like having stuff to watch on the jumbotron during breaks. And I'm glad BD released this early because there's a Ben's Pretzels right behind our seats and it'll be the perfect time to grab a few.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Can’t wait to see how disappointed many will be as BD takes the big toy back to Cali in 2022. Haters hate it’s what they do! 

There are different ways they can accomplish that.  One way would be to sneak up behind Phantom's Drum Majors as they receive the award, grab the trophy, set-off a smoke screen and make a run for it. 

Edited by Continental
  • Haha 5