Inflation, fuel costs, Oh My!

16 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I would think it would.  Starter has to engage much more often so at least those components will age quicker 

My thoughts too. Of course my usual “car won’t start” issues were battery uncharged or getting ready to explode (they bulge nice with the plastic case) and ye olde alternator. 
Too bad my dad the mechanic is no longer with us. Sure he’d have some good comments 😬

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Continental said:

Wow, not a lot of miles at all. 

The 2020 CRV is such a nice vehicle.   I see them all over. 

I’m very boring. This is my fourth one.  The only thing that changes is the color. 🤷‍♀️ I only get groceries, Target runs, and Costco under normal circumstances.  But I am forbidden from Costco for the time being.  Jim says he’s not moving 48 rolls of toilet paper. 

• Haha 5

56 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

fI’m very boring. This is my fourth one.  The only thing that changes is the color. 🤷‍♀️ I only get groceries, Target runs, and Costco under normal circumstances.  But I am forbidden from Costco for the time being.  Jim says he’s not moving 48 rolls of toilet paper. 

Forbidden!  - Thank you for the laugh!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

My thoughts too. Of course my usual “car won’t start” issues were battery uncharged or getting ready to explode (they bulge nice with the plastic case) and ye olde alternator. 
Too bad my dad the mechanic is no longer with us. Sure he’d have some good comments 😬

Well, if the starter breaks, at least we all have the 'push the bus to get it started' experience.   

Just another example of Drum Corps teaching useful life lessons.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m very boring. This is my fourth one.  The only thing that changes is the color. 🤷‍♀️ I only get groceries, Target runs, and Costco under normal circumstances.  But I am forbidden from Costco for the time being.  Jim says he’s not moving 48 rolls of toilet paper. 

I had a Honda that I loved.   I will definitely consider another (without a car at the moment).

My dealer rep was really amazing.  Service was expensive compared to some, but in the end I knew they were intent on making things right.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Continental said:

I had a Honda that I loved.   I will definitely consider another (without a car at the moment).

My dealer rep was really amazing.  Service was expensive compared to some, but in the end I knew they were intent on making things right.  

Honda should have my picture up on their wall.  I’ve had Civics, Accords....these CRVs are my favorites though. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ghost said:

I read decades ago that anytime you're stopped for about 25 seconds or more, turn off the engine.  Guess it's less than that.     https://www.edf.org/attention-drivers-turn-your-idling-engines

So, if you're going to be in a line of several vehicles waiting to do something (gas, drive up windows, etc.), don't move up until you have to.  Like if a vehicle is going to be stuck in the street.  Moving up one spot, whenever the vehicle in front of you moves,  is also a waste.  How many of you who use drive through car washes actually turn off the engine while going through in neutral?  Hmmmm?  Since around the 80's, there's no need to go outside to warm up your vehicle.  You're coming out a warm building, wearing clothing, and the vehicle will be giving heat within a mile or so.  As long as you're driving within the local speed limits, the engine will be fine.

If one of the DCP threads goes off track a little about water savings, get back to me.

Sounds like an exhausting way to live worrying about minutiae like that. Just drive your car like a normal person

13 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

mine has it too. it freaked me out at first now i barely notice it

I’ve told myself I’d never own a car that does that unless there’s a way for me to turn that feature off. Seems really annoying 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I’ve told myself I’d never own a car that does that unless there’s a way for me to turn that feature off. Seems really annoying 

As far as I know, every car with auto shutoff has an easy to see "A" button on the dash or console that you push to kill the auto shut off.

Stays that way till you push the button again, or turn the engine off.

I hate the auto shutoff.

I just got into the habit of hitting the button as soon as I start the car.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1