Inflation, fuel costs, Oh My!

15 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Gotta be a YT for that somewhere 😆

Know there is one showing how to reset the clock for my Forester. 

....the number of times I have used YouTube as a reference for how to do something.  So many helpful videos out there.  One time I bought an 8-drawer IKEA dresser that sat in the box for 2 months.  When it arrived, I opened the box, looked at the Encyclopedia-sized instructions,  put them back in the box and said "later."   After a while I thought that perhaps someone had made a video on how to assemble the thing and sure enough, I found one.  Not only was the video helpful (and inspirational), the guy who made it pointed out where the instructions were wrong as well as other helpful hints. 

Half-a-day later, all done. 

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I’ve told myself I’d never own a car that does that unless there’s a way for me to turn that feature off. Seems really annoying 

I thought all cars have to have that feature now, with an option to turn it off.

3 hours ago, Continental said:

Have you ever assembled something from IKEA?

Yes.  A dresser and two night stands.  About two hours work and three beers.  Maybe the directions were easier to follow.  Now, hanging two 8'X4' shelfs to the garage ceiling by myself was tougher.   Far from being your average handy "person".

10 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Yes.  A dresser and two night stands.  About two hours work and three beers.  Maybe the directions were easier to follow.  Now, hanging two 8'X4' shelfs to the garage ceiling by myself was tougher.   Far from being your average handy "person".

I hope your shelves in the garage go well.  

The fact that IKEA instructions are not involved, improves the opportunity for success. 

I remember reading that the ship stuck in the Suez Canal had a shipment from IKEA. 

My initial response....."Of course it's stuck!"

• Haha 2

On 5/13/2021 at 10:25 AM, Terri Schehr said:

Honda should have my picture up on their wall.  I’ve had Civics, Accords....these CRVs are my favorites though. 

Same here. I love my CRV for its utility, but I really liked my 2D Red Honda Accord! That car was fun.

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 8:54 PM, Terri Schehr said:

Exactly.  I know people who bought houses at 15% interest.  Like a freaking credit card! 

i remember everyone being thrilled to offer customers 6% when i started originating in 2004. Now I have people complaining they can't get 2.25% like 2 months ago

• Like 1