Inflation, fuel costs, Oh My!

8 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

The gasoline situation should be back to normal by Memorial Day at the latest.  This was a perfect storm of bad circumstances.  

Fuel supply may be back to normal by Memorial Day.

But prices are a different animal.

Inflation has become a real concern.

According to the economists that have been on the radio the past few weeks,they all feel inflation for commodities,including fuel, will be a problem  for at least the next 6 months.

Edited by rpbobcat
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

According to the economists that have been on the radio the past few weeks,they all feel inflation for commodities,including fuel, will be a problem  for at least the next 6 months.

Funny how prices that go up because of specific events never quite go back down to prior levels once those events are no longer relevant.

Gas prices had already been increasing before the Colonial Pipeline issue......

• Like 4

2 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

No, they’re not going down to be sure.  $3.29 here.  But availability should be good. 

25 minutes ago, Continental said:

Funny how prices that go up because of specific events never quite go back down to prior levels once those events are no longer relevant.

Gas prices had already been increasing before the Colonial Pipeline issue......

Or the seasons... I expect prices to jag up as people go out more after year of staying home more (raising hand). They can get the customers at the higher price..... so go for it

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Or the seasons... I expect prices to jag up as people go out more after year of staying home more (raising hand). They can get the customers at the higher price..... so go for it

You know, when it comes to prices it doesn't matter what people say.  Someone will raise them, people will accept them and they will become acceptable.  If prices reduce a bit, people will go crazy thinking they saved.   How quickly they forget original prices from just a few months prior.  

I am now paying close to $10 for a 6 roll of paper towel that is manufactured in the city I live in.  Toilet paper is just as bad (also manufactured where I live).

How does this relate to Drum Corps?  Imagine I am on a corps bus and I have slept with my head against a bus window.  I now have bus head (the imprint of the window on my hair - I'm not sure if that is a universal term).  However, I cannot see outside the window because I had gel in my hair which has now covered the window.  

What do I use to clean the window?  Windex (equivalent brand) and paper towel.  

But now paper towel is more expensive!

Will the price of paper towel affect touring this summer more than the price of gas?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Continental said:

What do I use to clean the window?  Windex (equivalent brand) and paper towel.  

The correct answer is my shirt. I'm going to use my shirt. 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, skevinp said:

It’s like the old saying goes:

“Third time’s the restraining order.”

nope. it's called go where the daughter drags you and hope the wallet survives

17 hours ago, Ghost said:

Sweaty shirts with loads of BO work great.

That's the "windex"