CDC says fully vaccinated no longer need masks in most cases

I'm curious when people will need to be re-vaccinated. I've been fully vaccinated since January 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I'm curious when people will need to be re-vaccinated. I've been fully vaccinated since January 

I'm really happy for you that you had that at the time.

I hope things are well and that you can continue the final studies in your profession uninterrupted. 

Edited by Continental
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Not having to wear "face diapers " is great.

But Anti Social Distancing goes away too.

Only issue is that anyone can say they are vaccinated.

Don't know if there is a mechanism to make someone show their card.

Why in the world would someone need to feel entitled to know if someone else is vaccinated? If you're fully vaccinated then you're good.

I find that completely Orwellian. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Continental said:

I'm really happy for you that you had that at the time.

I hope things are well and that you can continue the final studies in your profession. 

Others in your profession are at risk.  That you are already protected makes it so much easier. 

I got my second dose on February 2. Most of the other dentists I know got theirs even sooner. (I was starting to feel left out, LOL.) I read somewhere that Moderna is supposedly working on a booster but I haven’t read anything in detail about it yet.

I’m cautiously optimistic that DCI can have some semblance of normalcy by next season. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Not having to wear "face diapers " is great.

But Anti Social Distancing goes away too.

Only issue is that anyone can say they are vaccinated.

Don't know if there is a mechanism to make someone show their card.

That is not the path a free society should take. 

What's next? Show me your HIV test results? 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, year1buick said:

I got my second dose on February 2. Most of the other dentists I know got theirs even sooner. (I was starting to feel left out, LOL.) I read somewhere that Moderna is supposedly working on a booster but I haven’t read anything in detail about it yet.

I’m cautiously optimistic that DCI can have some semblance of normalcy by next season. Fingers crossed.

I had my first dose of Pfizer this past Sunday.  

My second appointment is scheduled for August 29th.  I really hope this gets pushed ahead. 

A friend in Tokyo is hoping to be fully vaccinated in 2022. 

2 minutes ago, Continental said:

I had my first dose of Pfizer this past Sunday.  

My second appointment is scheduled for August 29th.  I really hope this gets pushed ahead. 

A friend in Tokyo is hoping to be fully vaccinated in 2022. 

Same here. (Fingers crossed for you.) What’s even more frustrating is I’ve read that there are now surpluses of vaccine in Texas; it seems as though interest in getting it might be waning. I don’t get it.

3 minutes ago, year1buick said:

Same here. (Fingers crossed for you.) What’s even more frustrating is I’ve read that there are now surpluses of vaccine in Texas; it seems as though interest in getting it might be waning. I don’t get it.

I do not get it either.

46 minutes ago, year1buick said:

That was the issue in PA. Places had vaccines available but not enough people scheduling to get shots. My county never said they opened up to all groups early but they sure weren’t kicking people out if it wasn’t their time yet (raising hand on that one). The state opened up to all groups about a week early for same reason.

Current count is 5.7M has at least first shot. Total population is 12.9M but that includes younger ages not yet approved

Edited by JimF-LowBari