CDC says fully vaccinated no longer need masks in most cases

5 hours ago, Continental said:

I'm really happy for you that you had that at the time.

I hope things are well and that you can continue the final studies in your profession uninterrupted. 

Thank you, I am graduating this weekend and will be starting residency this summer! 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

Why in the world would someone need to feel entitled to know if someone else is vaccinated? If you're fully vaccinated then you're good.

I find that completely Orwellian. 

I do not think any particular US citizen is entitled to know the vaccination status of another US citizen. 

However, I do fully support small businesses/businesses in general having the right to restrict their patrons based on vaccination status and requiring proof

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

What has Joe said?

The White House twitter account echoed the CDC's words

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I do not think any particular US citizen is entitled to know the vaccination status of another US citizen. 

Agree! I respond to those who ask where my mask is with XXXX-off I’m vaccinated. It feels so good to say it too. Stephan just tells them he likes the air. 

4 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Thank you, I am graduating this weekend and will be starting residency this summer! 

Congratulations! I still remember the relief of passing WREB. Hard to believe it’s been seven years now.

16 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

One, hopefully very temporary ,monkey wrench is that the CDC's position is considered "guidance".

As Biden pointed out,individual jurisdictions,i.e. states make the decision whether or not to follow CDC guidance.

I live in northern NJ.

As of this morning Conn will be following the CDC guidance as of 5/19.

The Governors on NY and NJ haven't made any decision.

A Murphy spokeswoman said they're "reviewing " the CDC guidance.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Why in the world would someone need to feel entitled to know if someone else is vaccinated? If you're fully vaccinated then you're good.

I find that completely Orwellian. 

I don’t think people should feel entitled to know who has been vaccinated and who has not, but businesses should. Even if someone says they have been vaccinated, knowing the kind of people half this country have revealed themselves to be over the past few years and especially last year, I wouldn’t trust them to be truthful.

I have family who cannot yet be vaccinated because of medical reasons and I will continue to mask up until they can, and I will associate with people I know have absolutely have been responsible until then, CDC and opinionated social/news media “experts” be ######.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, jaylogan said:

I don’t think people should feel entitled to know who has been vaccinated and who has not, but businesses should. Even if someone says they have been vaccinated, knowing the kind of people half this country have revealed themselves to be over the past few years and especially last year, I wouldn’t trust them to be truthful.

I have family who cannot yet be vaccinated because of medical reasons and I will continue to mask up until they can, and I will associate with people I know have absolutely have been responsible until then, CDC and opinionated social/news media “experts” be ######.

Yep just saw someone post on another social media site that wearing a mask is “value signaling”. Replied about people in my extended family have suppressed immune systems or can’t vaccinate. Cant repeat the response 🤬🤬to that. 

And to keep on topic... would anyone be surprised if anger, strong words... and fists start flying at a drum corps show over this?

• Sad 1