CDC says fully vaccinated no longer need masks in most cases

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

As of this morning Conn will be following the CDC guidance as of 5/19.   The Governors on NY and NJ haven't made any decision.   A Murphy spokeswoman said they're "reviewing " the CDC guidance.

Why the hell the long wait? Ohh, I forgot.

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And to keep on topic... would anyone be surprised if anger, strong words... and fists start flying at a drum corps show over this?

I would be.  Now, if this past year or so took place in the 50's and 60's, all bets would be off.

6 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I would be.  Now, if this past year or so took place in the 50's and 60's, all bets would be off.

In the stands I wouldn’t be. People out in stadium after no corps for over a year, paying $$$$, if this season no competition. Word “entitlement” keeps popping into my head. Quit going to a local supermarket when this started. People not wearing masks with tshirts about “my rights”... and a whizzed off look on their faces like “go ahead SAY SOMETHING”. And workers too afraid to say anything (I asked).

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

CDC says fully vaccinated Americans no longer need masks indoors or outdoors in most cases .

Could have made this announcement a week or two ago.

23 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I’ve seen a grown man behind me grab a child next to me he didn’t know by his shirt and try to pull the child up because he was talking to a friend during a drum corps show. Both were removed from the event. This was in the early 2000s.

You think society has leveled up since then? I’m sorry to have to break some news to you.

Edited by jaylogan
  • Sad 1

I am very cautiously optimistic.

Keep in mind - The large print giveth; the small print taketh away.

A lot of the implementation decisions are at state & local levels; but admittedly these will be under considerable pressure to follow CDC guidelines.  I think the sticking point will be 'how does someone prove they have been vaccinated?' so they can enter LOS or wherever. 

I’m not sure why we need to relitigate the past (unless its 1979 Prelims, but that is a different thread). Personally I would like to celebrate this genuinely good news and its impact on the upcoming celebration tour.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I think the sticking point will be 'how does someone prove they have been vaccinated?' so they can enter LOS or wherever. 

I get that concern. To be honest, I am ok with the honor system without vaccination passports. Now what state and local authorities determine is another matter.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I get that concern. To be honest, I am ok with the honor system without vaccination passports. Now what state and local authorities determine is another matter.

Maybe Microsoft, Facebook, & Google could develop a reader that detects the presence of the microchip that was in the vaccine & LOS can use this to screen attendees.  😎

• Haha 4