CDC says fully vaccinated no longer need masks in most cases

2 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

I'm fully vaccinated.

But only because my wife is a nurse who treats covid patients.

I wear a mask where I have to, but that's it.

That being said, I have no problem if someone is more comfortable wearing a mask, indoors  or outdoors, or staying isolated.

Although, seeing a person, alone in a car, wearing a mask, makes no sense.

By the same token, if I'm in an area where a mask isn't required, that's my choice too, so don't try to guilt me if I'm don't wear one.

I sometimes wear my mask alone in my truck because I never know what I might be carrying.  I just don't want to give it to myself.  Therefore, I wear my mask when I'm 'All By Myself'.  ('Don't want to be'...)   #EarWorm  😷 :spitting:    

Edited by keystone3ply
cx

8 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I’m not sure why we need to relitigate the past (unless its 1979 Prelims, but that is a different thread). Personally I would like to celebrate this genuinely good news and its impact on the upcoming celebration tour.

And everything. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

Maybe in some countries but Singapore is squeaky clean. That city doesn't get much smog other than fires from smoke from Indonesia. Wearing masks can protect you from smog, germs, farts ect. 🙂

Jim lived in Japan for a year.  He said that they would wear masks because they have a cold or flu.  They’re extremely considerate people.  And super clean.  The bank tellers wear gloves.  He loved it there.   

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Jim lived in Japan for a year.  He said that they would wear masks because they have a cold or flu.  They’re extremely considerate people.  And super clean.  The bank tellers wear gloves.  He loved it there.   

Visiting Japan is on my bucket list.

I just first need to get a bucket. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Hope he didn't live there when they had outdoor ground level urinal troughs.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lance said:

Thanks for revealing who you really are.  

Education is the silver bullet to so many things, and we have to do better.  

Anyway, out of curiosity, has anybody taken a picture of their vaccine card? That's what I heard suggested on NPR this morning on my way to work, and it just seems so weird.  I could make a fake one with MS Paint, lol. 

Our Provincial government is giving each of us a QR code which will replace the paper slip we received.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lance said:

Anyway, out of curiosity, has anybody taken a picture of their vaccine card? That's what I heard suggested on NPR this morning on my way to work, and it just seems so weird.  I could make a fake one with MS Paint, lol. 

Took a pic with the cell while waiting my 15 minutes. Actually one of the people giving the shots suggested it. Considering the bleeping card is a bit oversized and just heavy paper I don’t think it would last too long in my wallet. I’ll just use the cell phone pic 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lance said:

Thanks for revealing who you really are.  

Education is the silver bullet to so many things, and we have to do better.  

I took my passport for identification when I was vaccinated.  I put the card in the passport and I haven’t had it out since.  I may need to get it out now. 🤷‍♀️

59 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Took a pic with the cell while waiting my 15 minutes. Actually one of the people giving the shots suggested it. Considering the bleeping card is a bit oversized and just heavy paper I don’t think it would last too long in my wallet. I’ll just use the cell phone pic 

I got that suggestion as well.  That, and a warning not to laminate it.  

I hope good records are maintained, because I would prefer to keep it in a safe unless it is required for something ###### important.  

• Like 1