CDC says fully vaccinated no longer need masks in most cases

15 hours ago, jaylogan said:

I don’t think people should feel entitled to know who has been vaccinated and who has not, but businesses should. Even if someone says they have been vaccinated, knowing the kind of people half this country have revealed themselves to be over the past few years and especially last year, I wouldn’t trust them to be truthful.

I have family who cannot yet be vaccinated because of medical reasons and I will continue to mask up until they can, and I will associate with people I know have absolutely have been responsible until then, CDC and opinionated social/news media “experts” be ######.

Your health care provider business should know, otherwise get your own vaccine and I'll get mine. It'll be good.

This has all been overly politicized and I'm just sick of the social righteous, politicians, biased media, and the whole thing. Take care of business and let's hope the economic downturn and hyper inflation doesn't get too bad...

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Your health care provider business should know, otherwise get your own vaccine and I'll get mine. It'll be good.

This has all been overly politicized and I'm just sick of the social righteous, politicians, biased media, and the whole thing. Take care of business and let's hope the economic downturn and hyper inflation doesn't get too bad...

That’s a good reminder.  I emailed my doctor’s office when I was vaccinated and told them which vaccine I received.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

That’s a good reminder.  I emailed my doctor’s office when I was vaccinated and told them which vaccine I received.

I know our records are kept by our hospital system. Good thing, too. Between jabs I kept both Hope’s and my cards to keep them safe. Afterwards, I kept mine and Hope kept hers. I will bet you a dinner at St. Elmo’s, Hope has no idea where hers is now.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I know our records are kept by our hospital system. Good thing, too. Between jabs I kept both Hope’s and my cards to keep them safe. Afterwards, I kept mine and Hope kept hers. I will bet you a dinner at St. Elmo’s, Hope has no idea where hers is now.

Smart move. I need to tell my doctor specifically which vaccine I took as well.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Lance said:

So O'Neals wasn't saying that asking for proof of the vaccine is analogous to asking somebody's aids or HIV status?

That would be news to him, I'm sure, lol. 

I'm not a "him" and the rules here should be followed. 

It was an example of how asking medical or vaccination questions can get out of hand. 

Edited by O'Neal's

On 5/13/2021 at 8:44 PM, O'Neal's said:

That is not the path a free society should take. 

What's next? Show me your HIV test results? 

as pointed put to you before, HIV doesn't spread the same way

• Like 1

17 hours ago, jaylogan said:

I don’t think people should feel entitled to know who has been vaccinated and who has not, but businesses should. Even if someone says they have been vaccinated, knowing the kind of people half this country have revealed themselves to be over the past few years and especially last year, I wouldn’t trust them to be truthful.

I have family who cannot yet be vaccinated because of medical reasons and I will continue to mask up until they can, and I will associate with people I know have absolutely have been responsible until then, CDC and opinionated social/news media “experts” be ######.

i am glad i can get back out to my banks more often, but they have the mask rule still in place, and i am ok with it. many of my banks are in areas where, lets just say they call it a hoax and a way for government to control us. i'll gladly mask up in those cases because honestly after the last few years, my faith in humanity is at an all time low and unless i know you, i don't really trust you

• Like 2

16 hours ago, jaylogan said:

I’ve seen a grown man behind me grab a child next to me he didn’t know by his shirt and try to pull the child up because he was talking to a friend during a drum corps show. Both were removed from the event. This was in the early 2000s.

You think society has leveled up since then? I’m sorry to have to break some news to you.

i remember an actual fist fight during DCA prelims in 03.

14 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I get that concern. To be honest, I am ok with the honor system without vaccination passports. Now what state and local authorities determine is another matter.

i'm torn. honestly society hasn't truly earned the right to be on an honor system the last few years.

but i am glad life can return to normal and i am hopeful we don't turn into India minor for those that refuse to get the shots

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

I'm fully vaccinated.

But only because my wife is a nurse who treats covid patients.

I wear a mask where I have to, but that's it.

That being said, I have no problem if someone is more comfortable wearing a mask, indoors  or outdoors, or staying isolated.

Although, seeing a person, alone in a car, wearing a mask, makes no sense.

By the same token, if I'm in an area where a mask isn't required, that's my choice too, so don't try to guilt me if I'm don't wear one.

true story...last week, got in the car and started driving home. forgot i had the #### thing on and didn't realize it til i pulled in the driveway

• Like 1