DCI Spotlight of the Week: 2000 Cadets

8 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Begs a question - did DCI have enough gold medals to pass out to members of both Corps?  Or did a bunch of members have to wait until more were made?

(I am assuming that the medals had the year somewhere on them? If not then it would be a lot easier to have enough medals on hand).

We all (The Cadets) had our medals. I can't speak for Cavies. 

14 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Begs a question - did DCI have enough gold medals to pass out to members of both Corps?  Or did a bunch of members have to wait until more were made?

(I am assuming that the medals had the year somewhere on them? If not then it would be a lot easier to have enough medals on hand).

One can of gold spray paint goes a long way.

• Haha 2

I was in the stands that night. My group was in the "Cavies have this" camp. I was in the "CADETS, did you see THAT?" camp.  

The "no more ties" chant caught us off guard. I mean, we understood the sentiment after "ANOTHER tie?" and all but it was super hard to distinguish between those two corps that night.  I felt the Cadets had a cleaner run for semis than finals.  The Finals energy was great but a bit loose in the 'anything you can do, I can do better' portion.  Semis was just "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?"  

Finals 2000 was my 'return to following DCI' after many years off and the three shows were my first reads so I was still finding all the crazy stuff going on during that section and loved it.

Cavies were mesmerizing with that drill and had everyone on the edge of their seats wondering "are they gonna collide?"  Even though we KNEW they weren't.  In retrospect, I love that show a whole lot though for what it signaled with the Cavies's style.   I suspect if I were to sit through those shows again in the stadium knowing what watching the next few years' shows from the Cavies were going to be, I'd have been in the "Cavies have this" camp.

• Like 1