Bluecoats 2021 show announcement

1 hour ago, crownisking said:

I’ll say this: after hearing the 2019 show announcement, I was convinced the show would be “meh” at best. Obviously that wasn’t the case. I trust Bloo’s design team more than anyone else’s in the activity right now. Every single show they’ve produced since 2014 has been a very serious contender for fan favorite. Who else can say that? 

After the 2019 announcement I was on board completely. This one, I have one foot in the submarine and one foot outside admiring the yellow. Also, there have been a many of their shows since 2014 that I haven't been a fan of, based on that their track record with me personally isn't that great, so your last statement doesn't work with me. Lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

After the 2019 announcement I was on board completely. This one, I have one foot in the submarine and one foot outside admiring the yellow. Also, there have been a many of their shows since 2014 that I haven't been a fan of, based on that their track record with me personally isn't that great, so your last statement doesn't work with me. Lol.

Well, the good news is that shows won’t be judged this year. 

8 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

If it WERE judged & BD was there - would their program / show choice remain the same?

My guess would be yes. Bloo doesn’t have to win championships to be the “it” corps. They’re plenty popular winning over the fans year after year. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, crownisking said:

Well, the good news is that shows won’t be judged this year. 

Well...actually, like every other year, it will be judged.  Maybe not by the few folks in green shirts with clip boards and numbers, but by the thousands of folks in the stands.  

I have a feeling this show will have a similar reaction to 2019...and '18, '17, '16 etc.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

Well...actually, like every other year, it will be judged.  Maybe not by the few folks in green shirts with clip boards and numbers, but by the thousands of folks in the stands.  

I have a feeling this show will have a similar reaction to 2019...and '18, '17, '16 etc.

True...to an extent.  Everyone understands that this isn’t a normal season under normal circumstances. I fully expect most corps to produce a show that’s entertaining but less complex/challenging than normal. I believe the majority of fans will just be excited to see live drum corps again. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldbandguy said:

Maybe not by the few folks in green shirts with clip boards and numbers, but by the thousands of folks in the stands.  

Didn’t know clip boards were being used again.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

As long as it's not renamed Yoko I'm okay with this. 

so is everyone with hearing in a 90 million mile radius

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Having lived through the Beatles Invasion why am I not super impressed? If the activity is looking to engage new marching members why go to the Beatles to do this? Please explain. Not trolling, just curious.

the Beatles are iconic. when I saw McCartney lives 4/5 years ago the average of the crowd was far younger than one would expect

• Like 3