Bluecoats 2021 show announcement

12 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Almost every announced 2021 repertoire (so far) has been popular, well-known "recognizable" music. So, I don't know what you're talking about!??

Yeh, so I was just speaking about Bluecoats. But feel free to speak for me!

19 hours ago, cfirwin3 said:

Hmm...

Not sure I care about this one all that much.  I'm definitely looking forward to some good 'filler' drumcorps this season while things crank up again for the following year.

This just feels so much like the SCV Phantom of the Opera back to back shtick in the late 80's.  A sort of... "well let's try that again" sort of move.

Obviously this is not the same thing, but it just has that vibe.  And to be honest, they pretty well maxed out as much Beatles as I think I want to see in drumcorps in '19.

Was hoping for something more 'cute' in a different direction.  Perhaps they payed big for Beatles rights and they want to make good on the investment?

I will reserve any hard judgment though.  My Bluecoats have never failed to surprise me.

I felt this way when they announced last years show, so I should have learned my lesson.

That said, yes, it probably isn’t the show they would do were it not for these unique circumstances. But, that’s okay. The time and financial parameters of 2021 dictate a different approach.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 1

One of the things we will see is to what degree competition actually plays into the enjoyment of and engagement in the shows. I know we have always wondered what if…now we get to see it.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

2) Perhaps some of our esteemed posters would have preferred that Bluecoats, like a few of its peers, stayed home this year rather than inflict the Beatles on the assembled at Indy this year

For the record, I love The Beatles.  Can't wait to hear the amazing Bluecoats tubas hit that bass line from "LSD".  And I know that Harrison didn't care for McCartney's bass line for "Something", but I'd love to hear a good tuba line play that one someday as well.  

9 hours ago, KeithHall said:

Yeh, so I was just speaking about Bluecoats. But feel free to speak for me!

yeah, can't imagine why I would be "confused":

same old crap every other corps does where you don't recognize the music!

even in a non competitive season people find a way to dissect and #### on show announcements.

ahhhhhh DCP

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 5/18/2021 at 9:15 AM, IllianaLancerContra said:

The problem is the violence - there is a rape & murder that is as central to the plot as the music.  Can't get around it - How is that portrayed on the field?. 

That truly is a puzzler. No drum corps has ever made an on-field murder a central part of their shows for numerous years in a row. :whistle:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, hostrauser said:

That truly is a puzzler. No drum corps has ever made an on-field murder a central part of their shows for numerous years in a row. :whistle:

Have you seen the movie?   Spartacus-style stabbing is one thing; beating a woman to death with a large sculpture of male genitalia is quite another.