Bluecoats 2021 show announcement

10 hours ago, KeithHall said:

Good for Bluecoats!!! Entertain the Fans!!! Don't get into the same old crap every other corps does where you don't recognize the music!

Almost every announced 2021 repertoire (so far) has been popular, well-known "recognizable" music. So, I don't know what you're talking about!??

• Thanks 1

On 5/18/2021 at 4:30 PM, oldbandguy said:

Did you see the 2019 show?  Seemed to be engaging to me...

Time for Act II

Nope

Thoughts that have crossed my mind since yesterday:

1) Is it any wonder why Bluecoats haven’t announced their show until the last minute until this year?

2) Perhaps some of our esteemed posters would have preferred that Bluecoats, like a few of its peers, stayed home this year rather than inflict the Beatles on the assembled at Indy this year

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

1) Is it any wonder why Bluecoats haven’t announced their show until the last minute until this year?

2) Perhaps some of our esteemed posters would have preferred that Bluecoats, like a few of its peers, stayed home this year rather than inflict the Beatles on the assembled at Indy this year

Sorry we ran out of unicorn glitter.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Yeah. I’m in my mid 20s and could not care less about the Beatles and their music. Just did not grow up in a household that listened to very much American music in general so all the music I listened to growing up was influenced by my peers in school, and they certainly did not listen to music from the 70s and 80s, let alone the 60s where the Beatles did their work. 

im with you though, I would much rather a drum corps introduce me to music I’ve never heard of before or attempt to fuse old with new. Bluecoats typically do a good job of that. I just don’t see the appeal in ANOTHER Beatles show.

My first reaction to their announcement might have gotten me locked up in dcp jail. Now I’m thinking these tunes were cut from the ‘19 show so they already have the arrangements and maybe even the rights. It could be a way to economize which makes a lot of sense. I just don’t picture Bluecoats going down this path in a normal year. 

Edited by Brian Tuma
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Tuma said:

My first reaction to their announcement might have gotten me locked up in dcp jail. Now I’m thinking these tunes were cut from last year’s show so they already have the arrangements and maybe even the rights. It could be a way to economize which makes a lot of sense. I just don’t picture Bluecoats going down this path in a normal year. 

Sorry, but they knew it was going to be a 2 act show even in 2019.  What you'll see in August of 2021 (only 10 weeks away) is basically what you would have seen in August of 2020.  If you haven't seen the LIVE discussion about the show that was streamed last night you can see it on Bloo's Facebook and YouTube channels.  Might answer some of your questions. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Ehh... People talkin'... talking 'bout people.

But yes, holding off announcements is a top rate flame retardant.