TICKET SALES?

4 hours ago, Tim K said:

If you are talking about East Coast shows, I can only speak for Massachusetts, but my understanding is more information from show sponsors Boston Crusaders (Lawrence and Quincy) and Beanpot (Lynn) will be available in early June. The delay is due to restrictions.  Restrictions were supposed to be lifted in August but it is now happening much earlier. With some of the past restrictions, selling tickets for August  by section posed difficulties and there were questions about monitoring. Most likely this will not be an issue since many restrictions will be lifted on May 29th. However there are exceptions and local issues. Restrictions are only lifted in areas that are not  in the “red zone” and are reinstated if a town or city is in the “red zone” in the future. Even with numbers way down, Lawrence where one show is being held has been in the “red zone” continuously since the fall and as of now is not lifting all restrictions. Lynn still goes in and out if the “red zone.” Quincy will most likely not be a problem.

Slight off topic but there are a few location in Andover or North Andover that could accommodate the show for Lawrence. Do you think or has anyone mentioned moving it down there or is it still in a red zone? 

i think at this stage it's going to depend on the venue, especially it's a school. that may be the bug waiting to be ironed out

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Q related to ticket sales: Did anyone else receive the DCI survey gathering info on vaccinations?  Basic question was "have you been vaccinated", etc... 😷💉

They really shouldn't need to ask.  I think the microchip that is in the vaccine will communicate (via satellite) to the Vaccine Control Center in the Pentagon.  DCI can then tap into this, via Facebook, to see who is vaccinated & who isn't.   😎

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Q related to ticket sales: Did anyone else receive the DCI survey gathering info on vaccinations?  Basic question was "have you been vaccinated", etc... 😷💉

nope

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 7:28 PM, WilsonStaff said:

Slight off topic but there are a few location in Andover or North Andover that could accommodate the show for Lawrence. Do you think or has anyone mentioned moving it down there or is it still in a red zone? 

I don’t know if changing venues has been considered and most likely would not hear until an official announcement is made. I Googled Merrimack which is about two miles away from the Lawrence Stadium and their stadium can hold 4,000 people which surprised me. I attended a graduation there and thought it was smaller. Lawrence holds 9,000. While I don’t think I’ve ever seen the stadium filled to capacity, attendance is good and I do believe more than 4,000 attend.  Personally I hope the venue does not change. In spite of what you hear, the stadium itself is safe, Lawrence needs the positive publicity of a group choosing to have an event in Lawrence, and BAC has day programs for local school kids when they are in Lawrence. It’s positive all around. 

• Like 2

At the rate we're going, I wouldn't be surprised if there ends up being no restrictions of any kind in the New England venues come August, which is when these three shows are scheduled. These states seem to be really on the rebound lately. Here in Maine, they just got rid of masks and social distancing as of this past Monday, so there is hope!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, craiga said:

At the rate we're going, I wouldn't be surprised if there ends up being no restrictions of any kind in the New England venues come August, which is when these three shows are scheduled. These states seem to be really on the rebound lately. Here in Maine, they just got rid of masks and social distancing as of this past Monday, so there is hope!

May well be true (for Indy as well).  But the decision point for ticket sales will be before August.  And this will (by definition) require a decision:  Does DCI (or show sponsor) sell 25%, 50%, 100% or what?  If they sell 50%, but restrictions are lifted by time of show do they sell the (previously empty for social distancing) seats that are in-between the sold seats at the gate?  Or do they sell 100% & hope that there are no restrictions come show time (& what happens if there ARE restrictions)?  Or do they just wait until show date & sell everything as general admission based on requirements in place at time of show (best seats I ever had were general admission for DCI Midwest prelims at Whitewater in 1980s).  But how many fans will show up without a guaranteed seat?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1