TICKET SALES?

I see the show that was originally scheduled for Rockford on August 6 has been moved to DeKalb.  That looks like the only "large" venue for the Midwest combine. 

7 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

May well be true (for Indy as well).  But the decision point for ticket sales will be before August.  And this will (by definition) require a decision:  Does DCI (or show sponsor) sell 25%, 50%, 100% or what?  If they sell 50%, but restrictions are lifted by time of show do they sell the (previously empty for social distancing) seats that are in-between the sold seats at the gate?  Or do they sell 100% & hope that there are no restrictions come show time (& what happens if there ARE restrictions)?  Or do they just wait until show date & sell everything as general admission based on requirements in place at time of show (best seats I ever had were general admission for DCI Midwest prelims at Whitewater in 1980s).  But how many fans will show up without a guaranteed seat?

Somehow Baseball has it figured out. 

• Like 1

Both the Cubs and White Sox are selling ONE homestand at a time.  Cubs season ticket holders are offered first dibs for a few days, then lottery winners get next pick for a few days, then the general public may purchase whatever tickets remain.

As always, it is easier to find a ticket to the White Sox on the Southside.

When the season got underway, both teams were able to sell up to 25 percent capacity.  A few days ago, the capacity increased to 60 percent possible capacity at both ballparks.

This season, I've been to 3 Cubs games (Brewers, Dodgers, and Pirates), and two Sox games (Indians and Twins). 

Seats are sold in groups of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, or 6.

Seats that are not for sale are zip tied shut,  That's a LOT of zip ties!

Masks are no longer required at Wrigley if one has been vaccinated.  It's the honor system.  I am not up to date on the recommendations at Sox Park, even though I have a ticket for the Thursday, May 27 White Sox-Orioles game.  It may likely be a rainout and rescheduled.

Both ballparks have been playing recordings of the National Anthem instead of having LIVE performances.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

OK - so enlighten me - what is their process?

Are they selling reserved seats for games 3-months from now?  Or for the World Series?  Not trying to be difficult, just curious.

Yes you can get tickets for any of the games all months in the market I'm in. 

19 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

OK - so enlighten me - what is their process?

Are they selling reserved seats for games 3-months from now?  Or for the World Series?  Not trying to be difficult, just curious.

Beer, peanuts, & the vaccine?  :guinesssmilie:  (Maybe a 'Dodger Dog'.)