Flo Marching and 2021 DCI Season

Looking at FloMarching site and DCI schedule for them is basically two weeks (7/30-8/13). Also see a line saying they will have an archive that users can access.
Has Flo ever have the actual shows in their archives or is this just the “behind the scenes” clips? 
Joined Flo for a year once and debating if it will be worth it just for 2 weeks of DC.

Add on question: how the bleep much does it cost? Looking through their site and that’s not stated. I have to start setting up an account before they tell me?????

Edited by JimF-LowBari

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Looking at FloMarching site and DCI schedule for them is basically two weeks (7/30-8/13). Also see a line saying they will have an archive that users can access.
Has Flo ever have the actual shows in their archives or is this just the “behind the scenes” clips? 
Joined Flo for a year once and debating if it will be worth it just for 2 weeks of DC.

Add on question: how the bleep much does it cost? Looking through their site and that’s not stated. I have to start setting up an account before they tell me?????

FloMarching did an "archive" style display for WGI and winter circuits this past "season".  Basically, the groups uploaded their videos and FloMarching ran them.  I would assume what they're talking about would be similar.  

For probably the second time ever, I gave FloMarching feedback (they asked!).  It had to do with finding the group you were looking for.  There was no search, no alphabetized list, just horizontal scrolling one by one (that was REALLY buggy).  That will likely be easier with ~30 corps than it was with hundreds of colorguards, individual soloists, drum lines, and winds groups.  Some circuits even had their own menus, so really it was the navigability that was an issue.  The quality was quite good.  Obviously a lot less to go wrong with an uploaded video file than a livestream.  The other aggravating thing is that the advertisers are listed first (I would understand that if it were free, but it's not...and it's about the kids).  That may have also been WGI's choice, not FloMarching (they were WGI advertisers, after all...but we still paid).

The last I looked, it was something in the $20-$30 range per month.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, NewToPosting said:

FloMarching did an "archive" style display for WGI and winter circuits this past "season".  Basically, the groups uploaded their videos and FloMarching ran them.  I would assume what they're talking about would be similar.  

For probably the second time ever, I gave FloMarching feedback (they asked!).  It had to do with finding the group you were looking for.  There was no search, no alphabetized list, just horizontal scrolling one by one (that was REALLY buggy).  That will likely be easier with ~30 corps than it was with hundreds of colorguards, individual soloists, drum lines, and winds groups.  Some circuits even had their own menus, so really it was the navigability that was an issue.  The quality was quite good.  Obviously a lot less to go wrong with an uploaded video file than a livestream.  The other aggravating thing is that the advertisers are listed first (I would understand that if it were free, but it's not...and it's about the kids).  That may have also been WGI's choice, not FloMarching (they were WGI advertisers, after all...but we still paid).

The last I looked, it was something in the $20-$30 range per month.  

I think I’m hitting a coding bug in their system. I had a membership and cancelled because 2020 season was a no go. Now I can log into the cancelled account but can’t find anything to rejoin. System seems to think if I have an account on file then I am an active (paying) member. Sound like stuff I used to look for when I was checking systems in my old job 🤮

11 minutes ago, WilsonStaff said:

when they announce the cost 

In the past you didn’t just pay for DCI. You paid to get a lot more whether you wanted it or not. That’s how they can try to gig you for a full years subscription. Can’t do anything with the website to see what the story is for 2021.

1 hour ago, cixelsyd said:

Their site presently boasts "We will also have limited 2021 performances available ON-DEMAND immediately after they perform!"

In past years, their idea of "limited on-demand video" was video with NO SOUND.

Caveat emptor.

I'd rather have the sound than the video.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, cixelsyd said:

Their site presently boasts "We will also have limited 2021 performances available ON-DEMAND immediately after they perform!"

In past years, their idea of "limited on-demand video" was video with NO SOUND.

Caveat emptor.

but did it buffer mid show?

7 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

In the past you didn’t just pay for DCI. You paid to get a lot more whether you wanted it or not. That’s how they can try to gig you for a full years subscription. Can’t do anything with the website to see what the story is for 2021.

the key is they want die hards that want DCI, WGI and or BOA. honestly i am out judging my local circuit most saturdays so usually if i catch any BOA its Championships weekend. But i do enjoy the WGI stuff a lot. I wish they could get DCA so i wouldnt have to pay for two different services...Flo has its buffering issues, but they've never had a show go dark because a coffee pot was plugged in where the live feed was

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Flo has its buffering issues, but they've never had a show go dark because a coffee pot was plugged in where the live feed was

Don't get me started...

Videos of 20 high school bands at state finals, with 3 angles that miss every important part of the show? $40

Flash drives, because you "can't fit at lest 1080p on a regular DVD, nobody wants our Blu-rays which ONLY cost $100"? $5

Copyright costs for each set of "high quality flash drives"? $20

Total cost for a high school state marching band flash drive? $65+ tax

Accusing someone a volunteer of stealing a $5 HDMI cable from Amazon? Priceless.