Format for 2021 DCI Celebration Events in Indy coming into focus

Looks like we are starting to get more information.

After a year off and in the wake of the cancelation of the 2020 DCI Tour, Drum Corps International is set to return to Indianapolis’ Lucas Oil Stadium August 12-14. Nearly two dozen corps will have the unique opportunity to showcase their performances perhaps unlike at any other time in DCI history.

“When it started to become clear that we would be able to produce this summer’s Celebration Events, we knew we’d have the opportunity to do some special things that might be outside the norm of our typical competitive events,” DCI CEO Dan Acheson said.

Since the start of winter, Acheson has been working with members of Drum Corps International’s Artistry and Competition Steering Committee, comprised of instructors and show designers of World and Open Class corps along with judge-advisors, to guide the programming of each night of performances. The committee has pulled together a general consensus of what corps will be able to present in the context of a shortened season and the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, while still offering their members and audiences a world-class performance experience.

One of the biggest highlights of the Celebration Events will be that all participating groups will have the opportunity to perform on all three days, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Each day will be loosely programmed around the following themes:

REMEMBER | THURSDAY, AUGUST 12

A celebration of the rich history of Drum Corps International with a focus on the many accomplishments DCI corps have achieved over the past five decades.

REJOICE | FRIDAY, AUGUST 13

A celebration of the performing corps members with special recognition of graduating age-outs after each group’s performance.

RENEW | SATURDAY, AUGUST 14

A celebration of what’s to come as we start to close the book on Drum Corps International’s first half century while anticipating DCI’s 50th anniversary celebration in 2022.

In addition to each corps taking the field for up to 17 minutes at a time, a variety of additional performances and creative content will be shared with in-stadium and livestream audiences from different “stages” within the venue. Some performances might spotlight individuals or small ensembles, DrumLine Battle, or entire drum corps showcasing additional material beyond their standard performance repertoires.

Event producers will also make full use of in-stadium video boards and streaming video online to augment the live performances, featuring material from drum corps and other ensembles which are unable to attend this summer’s live events in Indianapolis and other special content that will help bring each day’s theme to life.

Format for 2021 DCI Celebration Events in Indy coming into focus

• 1 month later...

Bump. With tickets going on sale, do we have any more information on what each day is? Will some corps only perform on select days? I’d hate to buy tickets and see my favorite corps not in attendance.

Tickets on Friday and Saturday bought for the Oil Can an hour ago.

I ordered my tickets via the DCI pre-sale for Indy Thursday, Friday, & Saturday.  They stated they should hit our "Ticketmaster" account starting July 4th but I haven't seen any tickets yet.  Has anyone received their pre-sale tickets (ordered early thru DCI) into their Ticketmaster account.  I did go ahead and ordered a couple of extra tickets today on Ticketmaster for some friends that have decided to attend. 

#MarchOn   

6 hours ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

Bump. With tickets going on sale, do we have any more information on what each day is? Will some corps only perform on select days? I’d hate to buy tickets and see my favorite corps not in attendance.

Supposed to be every corps performs on each day, with the theme of each day being “Remember”, “Rejoice”, “Renew” respectively (yes that last ‘r’ was thrown in there on purpose 😀).

25 minutes ago, Quad Aces said:

Supposed to be every corps performs on each day, with the theme of each day being “Remember”, “Rejoice”, “Renew” respectively (yes that last ‘r’ was thrown in there on purpose 😀).

Looks like all 3 days start at 2pm with every in attendance performing.  It's going to be a variety show with an eclectic mix of live performances, video segments, news, history & other "buffet" items.      

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

I ordered my tickets via the DCI pre-sale for Indy Thursday, Friday, & Saturday.  They stated they should hit our "Ticketmaster" account starting July 4th but I haven't seen any tickets yet.  Has anyone received their pre-sale tickets (ordered early thru DCI) into their Ticketmaster account.  I did go ahead and ordered a couple of extra tickets today on Ticketmaster for some friends that have decided to attend. 

#MarchOn   

I preordered as well. Haven’t seen anything yet. 

• Thanks 1