Celebration Preview

Looks like it's also listed on several other companies:

https://www.regmovies.com/movies/the-dci-celebration-countdown/ho00011189#/

https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/the-dci-celebration-countdown-66569

But July 15th isn't even list on the Celebration Tour.  Plus, it looks like you have to be a VIP. 🤔 😜

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

Email I received when I asked about any type of theater event planned for this season. 

We are planning a movie theater event on July 15.  However, it will not be the same as it has been in the past.

It will be a celebration of some past drum corps performances with live glimpses into a rehearsal of a Corps preparing for the 2021 Celebration Tour.

Flomarching will be streaming live events over the course of the summer.  If you can't attend in person, that will be your best option to watch live drum corps in 2021.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

Email I received when I asked about any type of theater event planned for this season. 

We are planning a movie theater event on July 15.  However, it will not be the same as it has been in the past.

It will be a celebration of some past drum corps performances with live glimpses into a rehearsal of a Corps preparing for the 2021 Celebration Tour.

Flomarching will be streaming live events over the course of the summer.  If you can't attend in person, that will be your best option to watch live drum corps in 2021.

Guess DCI doesn't want to front the cost of a BLL Event on Fathom.

In my opinion,given the extremely limited tour,a BLL should be sell very well.

The plot thickens.  

Just did search on 'DCI Celebration Countdown Live' at theatre (AMC) where the quarterfinals were shown (BC, Before Covid); and it comes up as scheduled for 15 July, 8pm eastern, runtime 2 hrs.  Tickets not yet on sale.

Also pops up in AMC theatre 25 miles away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Guess DCI doesn't want to front the cost of a BLL Event on Fathom.

In my opinion,given the extremely limited tour,a BLL should be sell very well.

It may not be DCI’s decision. Fathom decides which events it will broadcast, and most likely covers the cost of  broadcasting the event. I believe there is a minimum of 300 seats in a theater for a Fathom event. For an average event,  a certain number of theaters need to broadcast the event and at least 80% of the seats have to be filled for an event to be profitable. The fewer the theaters broadcasting the event, the more tickets that have to be sold. I seem to recall hearing that 2019 was possibly the last year the opening event was going to be broadcast due to poor ticket sales. Interestingly, 2019 was one of the best years for Big, Live, and Loud ( or Loud and Live, I’ve forgotten the order of the two “L’s”).

I’m not sure if this is the case with DCI, but according to a friend of mine who is an assistant manager at a movie theater, for Met Live in HD broadcasts, the Metropolitan Opera gets an upfront fee from Fathom. Movie theaters make very little from ticket sales but do very well with refreshments (there are usually two intermissions) and I know in my area, they get temporary liquor licenses and make big bucks on cocktails. I know some opera fans are concerned ticket prices will skyrocket due to fewer seats being sold if social distancing is required and more to the point, fewer theaters broadcasting the operas since so many theaters have closed. 

Will one of the Indy events be broadcast? If DCI has any say, the answer would be yes. With fewer theaters and possibly fewer seats, would it be profitable for Fathom? That’s another matter. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tim K said:

It may not be DCI’s decision. Fathom decides which events it will broadcast, and most likely covers the cost of  broadcasting the event. I believe there is a minimum of 300 seats in a theater for a Fathom event. For an average event,  a certain number of theaters need to broadcast the event and at least 80% of the seats have to be filled for an event to be profitable. The fewer the theaters broadcasting the event, the more tickets that have to be sold. I seem to recall hearing that 2019 was possibly the last year the opening event was going to be broadcast due to poor ticket sales. Interestingly, 2019 was one of the best years for Big, Live, and Loud ( or Loud and Live, I’ve forgotten the order of the two “L’s”).

I’m not sure if this is the case with DCI, but according to a friend of mine who is an assistant manager at a movie theater, for Met Live in HD broadcasts, the Metropolitan Opera gets an upfront fee from Fathom. Movie theaters make very little from ticket sales but do very well with refreshments (there are usually two intermissions) and I know in my area, they get temporary liquor licenses and make big bucks on cocktails. I know some opera fans are concerned ticket prices will skyrocket due to fewer seats being sold if social distancing is required and more to the point, fewer theaters broadcasting the operas since so many theaters have closed. 

Will one of the Indy events be broadcast? If DCI has any say, the answer would be yes. With fewer theaters and possibly fewer seats, would it be profitable for Fathom? That’s another matter. 

i'm sure Flo will show everything Indy. my hunch is with no actual competition, Fathom and DCI don't expect a big turnout

• Like 1