Celebration Preview

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'm sure Flo will show everything Indy. my hunch is with no actual competition, Fathom and DCI don't expect a big turnout

A  number of people have posted that fans are hungry to see drum corps,any drum corps.

If that's true,then, in my opinion, DCI and Fathom may be missing an opportunity by not broadcasting some form of

BLL.

Given the extremely limited touring schedule,even if you can get to a show,it will only be a few corps.

The only way people,who aren't going to Indy,can see all/most of  the corps would be  a theater show.

Flo,when it is working, isn't the same.

Scoring or not,given the corps' approach to their shows this season,they can draw an audience.

19 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

The plot thickens.  

Just did search on 'DCI Celebration Countdown Live' at theatre (AMC) where the quarterfinals were shown (BC, Before Covid); and it comes up as scheduled for 15 July, 8pm eastern, runtime 2 hrs.  Tickets not yet on sale.

Also pops up in AMC theatre 25 miles away.

So is this just old stuff? I don’t think I’d be interested.   I saw it the first time in person. 

• Like 1

Meh. That's why there's YouTube and Blue Ray. 

Crank up the volume on the 70" TV and do up some Orville Redenbacher and I'm already there. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

DCI email dropped this afternoon about the 'Celebration Countdown' at the cinemas featuring 5 iconic DCI World Championship shows:

https://www.dci.org/news/drum-corps-international-will-march-back-into-cinemas-on-july-15?utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email

So apparently DCI and Fathom believe that showing a repeat of 5 shows will draw a bigger audience then live 2021 performances.

Doesn't make much sense to me.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

DCI email dropped this afternoon about the 'Celebration Countdown' at the cinemas featuring 5 iconic DCI World Championship shows:

https://www.dci.org/news/drum-corps-international-will-march-back-into-cinemas-on-july-15?utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email

15 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

So apparently DCI and Fathom believe that showing a repeat of 5 shows will draw a bigger audience then live 2021 performances.

Pass.

• Like 2

I will be in the theater to see this show, and I know I’ll enjoy seeing all the shows on a big screen. I guess I wonder why Crown BD, and SCV are being represented even though they are not participating. Personally as much as enjoy all the shows, I would rather see BAC or Cadets represented. BAC was one of the first corps, if not the first to be on board, Cadets were not far behind and could probably use the boost. 

I think DCI may need to look at its target audience. Most years both theater events have a mix of ages, with younger audiences encouraged by schools. I can recall a few years ago going to the premier event after a snowy winter. School in Massachusetts did not end until late June and between performances kids were studying for final exams. Where music programs were so dismantled this year between remote learning and fear of spreading the virus when in person learning began, will band directors be able to organize groups for the movie theater, especially in mid July? The audience may be an older crowd. Would an event kicking off the 50th anniversary work better? 

As I said, I’ll go. Ticket sales will ensure future events, as well as support local theaters and I know I’ll see people I haven’t seen in a while and I’ll enjoy sitting in air conditioned comfort with a large popcorn, soda, and Raisinettes.  🍬 🥤  🍿 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

Agree! I’m not interested in paying to see what I’ve already paid to see. If there is an audience for this repeat, it’s guaranteed to attract more of an audience than any of the organizations doing the Indy dog and pony shows. 

• Like 2