Celebration Preview

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

As I said, I’ll go. Ticket sales will ensure future events, as well as support local theaters and I know I’ll see people I haven’t seen in a while and I’ll enjoy sitting in air conditioned comfort with a large popcorn, soda, and Raisinettes.  🍬 🥤  🍿 

I think what everyone is forgetting is the opportunity to spend $30-40 per person on soda (Coke Zero), popcorn (extra butter), & Rasinettes (gross; give me some Junior Mints or Reese Cups).  Well, everyone but Tim K.   :spitting:   

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

A  number of people have posted that fans are hungry to see drum corps,any drum corps.

If that's true,then, in my opinion, DCI and Fathom may be missing an opportunity by not broadcasting some form of

BLL.

Given the extremely limited touring schedule,even if you can get to a show,it will only be a few corps.

The only way people,who aren't going to Indy,can see all/most of  the corps would be  a theater show.

Flo,when it is working, isn't the same.

Scoring or not,given the corps' approach to their shows this season,they can draw an audience.

i'm pretty certain they did research before making the decision.

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'm pretty certain they did research before making the decision.

Based on what DCI came up with for the preview,I'm not so sure.

I really don't know how much objective research DCI  does on anything.

From what I've read here, and on other  boards,when DCI followed the "rerun" format for their start of the season broadcasts,they  weren't well attended.

That changed when they started showing a live "Season Opener".

As I posted,I find it hard to believe that DCI feels they will get a bigger theater audience showing reruns then live 2021 performances, especially since Indy will be the only place where all the corps will perform.

Given the limited movie releases this year,DCI may also have the opportunity to show either Friday or Saturday night.

DCI is touting Saturday night as a kick off for 2022.

Seems that a live theater broadcast would be a great way to get fans psyched for that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Based on what DCI came up with for the preview,I'm not so sure.

I really don't know how much objective research DCI  does on anything.

From what I've read here, and on other  boards,when DCI followed the "rerun" format for their start of the season broadcasts,they  weren't well attended.

That changed when they started showing a live "Season Opener".

As I posted,I find it hard to believe that DCI feels they will get a bigger theater audience showing reruns then live 2021 performances, especially since Indy will be the only place where all the corps will perform.

Given the limited movie releases this year,DCI may also have the opportunity to show either Friday or Saturday night.

DCI is touting Saturday night as a kick off for 2022.

Seems that a live theater broadcast would be a great way to get fans psyched for that.

I don’t really care for watching drum corps at the movie theater.  I invariably have the most annoying, borderline insane freaking person sitting by or near me.  I swore after 2019, I was never going to the theater event again.  We’d even made plans to go to Detroit for the first show in 2020. But I might try the theater in a new state for new shows and hope the crazy isn’t as strong as the western suburbs of Chicago.

and before one of you wiseasses says it, Jim isn’t the crazy person.  He’s a cuddly, lovable crazy. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I don’t really care for watching drum corps at the movie theater.  I invariably have the most annoying, borderline insane freaking person sitting by or near me.  I swore after 2019, I was never going to the theater event again.  We’d even made plans to go to Detroit for the first show in 2020. But I might try the theater in a new state for new shows and hope the crazy isn’t as strong as the western suburbs of Chicago.

and before one of you wiseasses says it, Jim isn’t the crazy person.  He’s a cuddly, lovable crazy. 

Florida has its own type of crazy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I hear you but I've been to theaters in the SF area and they are really strict about seats and reservations. I saw a A Quiet Place pt. 2 and another movie that recently came out and it was pretty safe. I think I had nobody even close to me. And I also don't think a special showing of drumcorp will suddenly bring massive crowds to theaters. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

it was....

dang it...

[tromps off feeling robbed of a decent joke]

• Haha 4

Following a one-year hiatus, this special one-night event will feature amazing sights and sounds with five iconic DCI World Championship performances including Carolina Crown's Inferno (2015); The Cavaliers’ Propaganda (2016); Blue Devils’ Metamorph (2017); Santa Clara Vanguard’s Babylon (2018); and Bluecoats' The Bluecoats (2019).

Well, I dunno now. If you're going to show blasts from the past, those are some pretty good blasts to see in a full screen super sound theatre. For $10 bucks or whatever it is, plus the camaraderie of some old corps buddies, that might be worth the trip. Their popcorn is a lot better than mine anyway. 

• Like 2