Celebration Preview

4 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Agree. To pay to see shows that I’ve already seen, what’s the point? Also, behind the scenes with kids who aren’t even marching anymore…uh ok. I guess your plan is to draw only people who marched years earlier.

Nah, sorry.

I get it. Regardless of who fronts the cost, there is a tremendous up front cost to producing a live event on a football field. At this point would they even be able to get a promoter for the ticketed event itself? Could they pay to get a half dozen headline corps to that site in a month from now? 

Unfortunately, it takes a lot of planning to pull of a live event of any kind. Hundreds of people are involved behind the scenes, to say nothing of the talent on the field. DCI would have had to assume the risk the event being cancelled due to Covid had they begun planning this far enough in advance to make it happen. And around that time, Blue Devils, Crown and SCV were announcing they weren’t going to perform this fall.

Huge risk that DCI clearly wasn’t able to take.

I'm not suggesting DCI should have considered a live event for 7/15.

Its also too late to change the preview show.

What I am saying is that,from a drum corps fan's perspective,I think a live broadcast of one of the

Indy shows will draw a much bigger audience then the 7/15 "summer reruns".

The way things stand,most fans won't get to see live drum corps in person this year.

Those that do,unless they get to Indy,will see a limited number of corps.

Last year people were saying how they found things to do,other then drum corps.

Be interesting to see,after another year,how many fans,especially casual ones,come back.

At least a BLL can generate some interest,going into next year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

I'm not suggesting DCI should have considered a live event for 7/15.

I am.  I would have at least a scintilla of interest to see what they’re putting out there now. Now, I have no interest in paying to see reruns. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I am.  I would have at least a scintilla of interest to see what they’re putting out there now. Now, I have no interest in paying to see reruns. 

Agreed, throw us an earlier season bone, but I've reconsidered and will attend. It's not like I'm busy that night doing anything productive or for the Ayatollah. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Agreed, throw us an earlier season bone, but I've reconsidered and will attend. It's not like I'm busy that night doing anything productive or for the Ayatollah. 

I am kind of busy.  Moving into a new house and I’d probably have to drive to Sarasota or Tampa to see it.

I looked it up and it’s at Regal Cinemas in Port Charlotte on Tamiami Trail.  I’d probably go for a live event. 

Edited by Terri Schehr

40 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I agree 100% about paying to see reruns.

I just don't know,given move in dates,what kind of show could have been ready by 7/15.

That's why my opinion is they should go with a BLL from Indy.

• Like 2

I love reruns. I’ve reserved a seat at AMC River East, near Navy Pier, Chicago.

Someone already bought a seat ahead   of me, so at least there will be 2 of us in the theatre.

• Like 1

Yeah, I have all those shows on BluRay and have a pretty enviable AV system (actually two systems). I have heard interviews and podcasts about all these shows, so sorry, I’m going to pass on this one. I would watch it if it was a PBS special. I already pledge. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I am kind of busy.  Moving into a new house and I’d probably have to drive to Sarasota or Tampa to see it.

I looked it up and it’s at Regal Cinemas in Port Charlotte on Tamiami Trail.  I’d probably go for a live event. 

I guess I hadn't noticed that you had relocated and (I presume?) are in full snowbird retirement. Congratulations on the new house. We'll likely work another 3-4 years and then oddly enough, retire back to Illinois. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I guess I hadn't noticed that you had relocated and (I presume?) are in full snowbird retirement. Congratulations on the new house. We'll likely work another 3-4 years and then oddly enough, retire back to Illinois. 

Jim still works remotely.  He’s that weird guy who loves his work.  😂 We’ll be in Florida two weeks from today and close 6/24.  Our house is almost done.  Just needs a last coat of interior paint and the gutters need to be installed.  

9 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Yeah, I have all those shows on BluRay and have a pretty enviable AV system (actually two systems). I have heard interviews and podcasts about all these shows, so sorry, I’m going to pass on this one. I would watch it if it was a PBS special. I already pledge. 

I can’t handle the talking heads explaining everything to me, either.  I mean, you and I have probably forgotten more about drum corps than some of them will ever know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1