Celebration Preview

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Might be some good money for the snakes plus the profit of transportation to some churches in Kentucky.  I watched this entire series a couple of years ago & it was mesmerizing.  :devil:  Or as JimF-LowBari stated, selling Alligators?

I told my wife I would like to visit this church.  She will not go with me... 😁

I keep hearing my Jr high blue collar Sunday school teacher (guy owned a fuel oil business and drove the truck). “Jesus said don’t tempt God. To put it in a way you’d understand... don’t jump in front of a bus and expect God to save your sorry selves “. Can see him rolling his eyes at this.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I hate the cold more.  But I am thinking of starting a new career as a snake wrangler.  And starting a palmetto bug circus as my side gig. 

gator wrangler

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I hate the cold more.  But I am thinking of starting a new career as a snake wrangler.  And starting a palmetto bug circus as my side gig. 

My parents had a place in Boca.

Never saw sooooo many bugs in my life.

Never knew a Palmetto bug was actually a roach.

As bad as they were,the flying cockroaches were worse.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

My parents had a place in Boca.

Never saw sooooo many bugs in my life.

Never knew a Palmetto bug was actually a roach.

As bad as they were,the flying cockroaches were worse.

I’m having the house sprayed before I move in one piece of furniture and having it done every other month.  The lawn, too. The palmettos are the flying cockroaches.  Jim met up with them when he was stationed in Beaufort, SC in the Marine Corps.  He told me all about them. 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m having the house sprayed before I move in one piece of furniture and having it done every other month.  The lawn, too. The palmettos are the flying cockroaches.  Jim met up with them when he was stationed in Beaufort, SC in the Marine Corps.  He told me all about them. 

Only Roseann Barr joke I found funny and think it was about palmetto bugs. “Only way to kill them is to lure them in the garage. Get them to crawl up the wall.... and hit with the car”.

Good luck with the move guys. I plan to be here until they carry me out the door (which is what happened to the previous male owner).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Never knew that about palmetto bugs being flying roaches.

Not a fan of heat, humidity or bugs.

So, when my parents decided to stop going to Boca,we sold the condo.

• Like 1

On topic...

I want to support THIS YEAR'S members doing their thing, whatever that is.  I've already reserved a hotel for Indy to do so.  Spending money that could be spent supporting this year's corps on "blast from the past" reruns doesn't interest me.

Also, it's not just monetary support.  I want the members to hear my applause in person.

• Like 3

On 6/6/2021 at 9:33 AM, Terri Schehr said:

I can’t handle the talking heads explaining everything to me, either.  I mean, you and I have probably forgotten more about drum corps than some of them will ever know. 

Lmao… before I retired I burned my brains out at work. Last #### thing I want to do is think as part of my entertainment. I’m waiting for someone to ask what did I think of the shows “theme” so I can say “there was a theme? I liked the music… duuuuuuh”

• Haha 1