Celebration Preview

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I can’t handle the talking heads explaining everything to me, either.  I mean, you and I have probably forgotten more about drum corps than some of them will ever know. 

To say nothing of the fact that almost all of the talking heads are old enough to be great grandparents to the current corps membership. No offense, I am that age as well, but when is it time to pass the torch?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

To say nothing of the fact that almost all of the talking heads are old enough to be great grandparents to the current corps membership. No offense, I am that age as well, but when is it time to pass the torch?

Well, FloMarching did have a younger color analysis guy on the air, but we see how that worked out.  :whistle: 

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Jim still works remotely.  He’s that weird guy who loves his work.  😂 We’ll be in Florida two weeks from today and close 6/24.  Our house is almost done.  Just needs a last coat of interior paint and the gutters need to be installed.  

Are you going to enjoy that middle to South Florida humidity?  Better get a hair net & a pool. 😁 

Told my wife we need to move to The Villages when we fully retire...

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

I know it's just a theater event with 'reruns', but all three venues in my area have pre-sold ZERO tickets.  I know band director effect will change that but I thought there would be a few tickets sold this weekend. 🤔🤐

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Are you going to enjoy that middle to South Florida humidity?  Better get a hair net & a pool. 😁 

I hate the cold more.  But I am thinking of starting a new career as a snake wrangler.  And starting a palmetto bug circus as my side gig. 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

I had a client for two years in Fort Myers. I even had the chance to experience Tropical Storm Henry during one such visit. 

Wonderful people. 

But the regularly schedule thunderstorms in the late afternoon were quite a havoc for flight scheduling.  I have never experienced lightning like that anywhere else.  Flying in from Atlanta with lighting all around the plane thinking "OMG - I'm here to die!"

Edited by Continental
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I hate the cold more.  But I am thinking of starting a new career as a snake wrangler.  And starting a palmetto bug circus as my side gig. 

How about gator handler. Last week they caught one in a lake in Harrisburg. Found the owner who said it “got out somehow”. 😬 

Sis and I thought it was funny as when our grandfather died late 60s we found out he had a 3 footer in the fireplace. Back in the days when you could buy a baby gator down south. Took a REALLY nice donation to Hershey zoo to get the #### thing out. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

Might be some good money for the snakes plus the profit of transportation to some churches in Kentucky.  I watched this entire series a couple of years ago & it was mesmerizing.  :devil:  Or as JimF-LowBari stated, selling Alligators?

I told my wife I would like to visit this church.  She will not go with me... 😁

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2