Madison Scouts Present “Between the Lines”

1 hour ago, Forevergreen said:

It will be a bit strange seeing the corps coed, but they are changing with the times. 

Or some would say, they're finally caught up with the times. 

Changing or not, I can't remember a time when I didn't look forward to a Scouts production. And as Keystone stated and is true of all, there's some disappointments along the way and several oh wows. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, keystone3ply said:

Wasn't trying to prove your point.  As a band director who has arranged/designed for a drum corps in my younger years & arranged/designed for numerous HS band programs, (as well as my own),  I have no problem with the new trend & designs.  I actually prefer today's product vs. the late 70s, 80s & 90s.  I can't speak for my college buddies, but my former students love today's product as well.  

My point I was trying to make was "bad design is bad design".  The 2018 product was just "pure b-flat unadulterated bad design".  And I love the effective ppp style show endings, but that show ending was just laughable.  As a matter of fact, there were fans sitting in my section that were laughing.  I was not because I understand the student members & it's not their fault.  

With my comments, I am not belittling the marching members.  I just feel as a fan, I have the right for my eyes & ears to be offended by a product that is poorly designed which in in turn directly effects the performance scores.  2019?  Interesting product; much more enjoyable but wasn't executed.  Hell, they even received standing Os at Semis.  Although controversial among Scouts' fans & alumni,  I actually enjoyed the 2017 product.                     

I can agree totally, bad design is bad design, no getting around that. It's what I meant when I said just do whatever well. Thats not just for members but ALL involved.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Forevergreen said:

It will be a bit strange seeing the corps coed, but they are changing with the times. 

i was hoping for some Girls Girls Girls myself just to watch old people freak out

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Definitely, but to their credit they held out quite awhile.  

And Cavaliers???? Cough cough. Seems there’s something deeper going on here. Why is it still okay for Cavies to be an all male corps and yet it’s imperative for Madison become coed?

Edited by Sutasaurus

59 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

And Cavaliers???? Cough cough. Seems there’s something deeper going on here. Why is it still okay for Cavies to be an all male corps and yet it’s imperative for Madison become coed?

Because Cavies are still competitive as all male.  If Madison had been top six in recent years, they would still be all male. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sutasaurus said:

I have to assume Cavaliers are still all male because they feel it is in their best interest.  Same motivation as Madison made their decision to go coed.  Nothing beyond that.

I just made the comment because I LOVE tradition and hate to see it end.  

*(still mourning the loss of skirts and English riding boots on color guards)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Because Cavies are still competitive as all male.  If Madison had been top six in recent years, they would still be all male. 

now now now don't use facts to combat PC

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

now now now don't use facts to combat PC

Good to see the snark tradition is alive and kicking. Well, maybe not.

• Like 2