Madison Scouts Present “Between the Lines”

14 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Definitely, but to their credit they held out quite awhile.  

Back in 2019 BC (Before Covid) I said (in a post) words to the effect of:

'I wonder if adding females is a bit of a desperation move to regain some competitive success?' 

It is not clear at all to me how the addition of females will fix the design and performance issues of the late 2010s.

It will take at least 2-3 years of competition to see if I was correct.  But 2021 will be a success if (1) the Corps gets through & back from the Indy DCI event without anyone coming down w/ Covid, & (2) they don't go bankrupt in the process.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
further pontification

5 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Back in 2019 BC (Before Covid) I said (in a post) words to the effect of:

'I wonder if adding females is a bit of a desperation move to regain some competitive success?' 

It is not clear at all to me how the addition of females will fix the design and performance issues of the late 2010s.

It will take at least 2-3 years of competition to see if I was correct.  But 2021 will be a success if (1) the Corps gets through & back from the Indy DCI event without anyone coming down w/ Covid, & (2) they don't go bankrupt in the process.

Its actually quite understandable. When you are a finalists you draw many to you when you aren't the pool dries up quite a bit. When you limit the gender the pool is even smaller. Does it fix design? no of course not, thats an issue that can haunt a corps no matter the talent but talent also challenges designers . Lack of talent and over writing can also prove to be deadly.

Edited by GUARDLING

14 hours ago, skevinp said:

Is that what they said in their announcement?  

It was in the first draft

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 4

20 hours ago, skevinp said:

Is that what they said in their announcement?  

yeah cause all PR is 100% factual.

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Good to see the snark tradition is alive and kicking. Well, maybe not.

i don't care if they went coed or not. but with placement on a consistent slide, i think placement certainly played a part in the decision

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/30/2021 at 8:28 AM, Tim K said:

Personally I hope they do look and sound like Madison, but given the challenges of 2018 and 2019, the decision to no longer be an all male drum corps, everyone having a different opinion of what Madison should or should not be, adding the challenges of leadership, and sprinkling all that Covid-19 added to the mix, I suppose I’m happy that there will be a Madison Scouts taking the field.🙂

On 5/28/2021 at 2:01 PM, bayareafan said:

I'm liking this show idea.  May have to travel to Indianapolis to see this.

Save your money.  Same Director = Same Result

• Like 2
  • Confused 1