Madison Scouts Present “Between the Lines”

Good size Corps for the Madison Scouts during this Covid interrupted abbreviated short season. Corps appears to my eyes and ears to have lots of comparatively young marchers. Nice start for them in their rebrand, rebuild as a coed Drum Corps. 'Wish them much success moving forward from here.

Glad to see the corps and leadership embracing the coed model.

Really young-looking. This glimpse at a show and music makes me curious about what kind of quality will be apparent overall in Indianapolis.

• Like 2

It was great to see a full Scout corps and I wish them much success. However, the choppy 20 second song snippet trend to me is like watching a TV show with way too many camera changes, Hard to listen to and hard to watch. I really miss hearing an entire 3 minute song.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, mjoakes said:

Glad to see the corps and leadership embracing the coed model.

What's as or more important is whether the Alumni, and the other people who write the donation checks, embrace the coed model.

In my opinion that will depend in large part on how the corps does, when  they go back to judged competitions.

Great sized corps, uniforms look fantastic.  Interestingly retro show - way more conservative of a design than I thought it would be. Guitar player in the pit is a brilliant idea though, and he's very good too.  Drumline never really made it to the front of the field - this is DCI, not UIL grrrrr.   Seriously though, they're gonna be fine, and this is a great chance to get a young corps some poppin' crowd response and a ton of experience headed back into competition in '22.  

Thumbs up.

Mike

• Like 4

3 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

What's as or more important is whether the Alumni, and the other people who write the donation checks, embrace the coed model.

In my opinion that will depend in large part on how the corps does, when  they go back to judged competitions.

Agree - I think they will need to be more competitive than consistently placing in the mid-teens to get the full financial support of the alumni.   

But for now, if they can put on a series of performances, whilst not breaking the bank in the process, the season is a success.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
clarity
  • Like 2