Madison Scouts Present “Between the Lines”

Our son is an alum of recent years (yes, including '18...). I can't speak to admin, show designers, or anything other than being the proud parent/fan of the Scouts. Always have been, always will be. Wish the new members nothing but great success this year and am just glad to see a bunch of crazy kids marching and making music again.

Edited by Rufus67
typo
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

It's great to see the Scouts, but where's the swagger?  The "in your face, I don't care what anyone says."    This is  " I hope they liked us we're back trying to be inclusive. "   Come on, You can be inclusive and not lose your identity.  Glad to to see any and all corps back but remember what brought you here.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeN said:

way more conservative of a design than I thought it would be.

I thought the same thing. Much was made in another thread about criticizing a corps as not taking risks, but I think we're going to see more "conservative" and less "risk taking" this season. And there's nothing wrong with it.

• Like 2

So, how many female members do the Scouts have in their first season as a coed corps? 

11 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

What's as or more important is whether the Alumni, and the other people who write the donation checks, embrace the coed model.

In my opinion that will depend in large part on how the corps does, when  they go back to judged competitions.

or when the alumni just realizes its time to embrace certain changes

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

or when the alumni just realizes its time to embrace certain changes

I don't how long that will take, or if ,at least for some alumni, it ever will.

Over the years, my wife and I have gotten to know a number of Scouts, and their families.

Granted, this is a small sample, but there seems to be a lot of bitterness among some  supporters and alumni, especially the older ones, over the corps going coed.

We were told that one big issue is that ,until the Scouts announced they were going

coed, the corps was told that ,if they did go coed, it would be a joint move, with the Cavies.

We're in the "wish they would have stayed all male" camp.

That hasn't stopped us from supporting the corps and wishing them success.

But, we've been told a lot of supporters, including alumni, don't share the same feelings.