Madison Scouts Present “Between the Lines”

On 5/30/2021 at 6:51 AM, SFZFAN said:

Any chance they'll LOOK like the Madison Scouts?

Hopefully not. Hasn't been working for them in a long time. 

• Haha 2

On 5/30/2021 at 5:51 AM, SFZFAN said:

Any chance they'll LOOK like the Madison Scouts?

Do you mean the first couple of weeks of the 2019 tour when they didn't have all of their uniform coats from the manufacturer & there were some 'portly' students in white t-shirts with bibber pants/suspenders?  :whistle:  #Majestic

Disclaimer:  I consider myself in the 'portly' category.  :spitting:   

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, MikeN said:

-Sounds like Madison?  Check.

-Looks like Madison?  Check.

I'm in.

Mike

Hopefully better than Madison is next on the list. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, inbetween said:

Hopefully not. Hasn't been working for them in a long time. 

Although I have always loved the Madison look of the past and sound for sure , It is a shame some only accept, support, have good things to say, with what  they are used to or comfortable with what they are seeing or hearing.  New is  not always good or bad nor is old always bad or good.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Although I have always loved the Madison look of the past and sound for sure , It is a shame some only accept, support, have good things to say, with what  they are used to or comfortable with what they are seeing or hearing.  New is  not always good or bad nor is old always bad or good.

Probably in reference to the the 2017 & 2018 seasons.  Did you see the 2018 production "Heart & Soul" in person?  My college buddies (late 80s & early 90s) & two former students (2000s) were "livid".  😬  😳  That performance made me want to make a Lucas Oil 'concession run' @ $20 per trip.  At the 2018 show ending, there was complete silence from the audience & it wasn't a good kind of silence.  

livid:  furiously angry, very angry, or enraged.  

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Probably in reference to the the 2017 & 2018 seasons.  Did you see the 2018 production "Heart & Soul" in person?  My college buddies (late 80s & early 90s) & two former students (2000s) were "livid".  😬  😳  That performance made me want to make a Lucas Oil 'concession run' @ $20 per trip.  At the 2018 show ending, there was complete silence from the audience & it wasn't a good kind of silence.  

livid:  furiously angry, very angry, or enraged.  

Yes I did see it many times in  person. Was it my favorite? No not at all, You proved my point with the buddies you mentioned on what they were used to Madison looking like or sounding like. Any corps that was so locked in to an identity that possibly causes the viewer NOT to accept the change puts the corps in a bad position. How do you ,move forward. YES you can take something old and make it new again for sure ( SCV ) but I have seen over the decades what is accepted somewhat by top 5 is a struggle for all others let alone a non finalist . For me, as I said, I have always loved the Madison many love but I support anything new they want to do. Just do it well.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

Yes I did see it many times in  person. Was it my favorite? No not at all, You proved my point with the buddies you mentioned on what they were used to Madison looking like or sounding like. Any corps that was so locked in to an identity that possibly causes the viewer NOT to accept the change puts the corps in a bad position. How do you ,move forward. YES you can take something old and make it new again for sure ( SCV ) but I have seen over the decades what is accepted somewhat by top 5 is a struggle for all others let alone a non finalist . For me, as I said, I have always loved the Madison many love but I support anything new they want to do. Just do it well.

Wasn't trying to prove your point.  As a band director who has arranged/designed for a drum corps in my younger years & arranged/designed for numerous HS band programs, (as well as my own),  I have no problem with the new trend & designs.  I actually prefer today's product vs. the late 70s, 80s & 90s.  I can't speak for my college buddies, but my former students love today's product as well.  

My point I was trying to make was "bad design is bad design".  The 2018 product was just "pure b-flat unadulterated bad design".  And I love the effective ppp style show endings, but that show ending was just laughable.  As a matter of fact, there were fans sitting in my section that were laughing.  I was not because I understand the student members & it's not their fault.  

With my comments, I am not belittling the marching members.  I just feel as a fan, I have the right for my eyes & ears to be offended by a product that is poorly designed which in in turn directly effects the performance scores.  2019?  Interesting product; much more enjoyable but wasn't executed.  Hell, they even received standing Os at Semis.  Although controversial among Scouts' fans & alumni,  I actually enjoyed the 2017 product.                     

Edited by keystone3ply
cx
  • Like 1