Props an unnecessary necessity or

59 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Bad prop design.

Note that you didn't reference *bad* props in your post. You referenced props in general.

My point is, because you need some clarification to assist you with any real constructive feedback, is that the majority have produced poor quality props or introduced props as an afterthought. Many like Phantom and the Cadets, with the exception of the ‘DOOR’, have never figured out how to use them. Others beat you over the head with the literal aspects of props i.e. bridges. Then repeat musical phrases like London Bridge is Falling Down as if the audience is too ignorant to figure it out. 

The list of successful prop use is much shorter than the list of colossal failures. 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

My point is, because you need some clarification to assist you with any real constructive feedback, is that the majority have produced poor quality props or introduced props as an afterthought. Many like Phantom and the Cadets, with the exception of the ‘DOOR’, have never figured out how to use them. Others beat you over the head with the literal aspects of props i.e. bridges. Then repeat musical phrases like London Bridge is Falling Down as if the audience is too ignorant to figure it out. 

The list of successful prop use is much shorter than the list of colossal failures. 

Are you referring to Phantom when they had some kind of sticks that the guard crawled around on like a children's monkey gym? I never figured that one out; good times...

:dancin: 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

So your point is "some props are poorly designed." Okay cool. Jurassic Lancer already articulated this point effectively.

It would seem that your post "lacked in ability" to make your point. It was, however, not unimaginative, as you tried to write words that in no way represented your thoughts.   

24 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

So your point is "some props are poorly designed." Okay cool. Jurassic Lancer already articulated this point effectively.

It would seem that your post "lacked in ability" to make your point. It was, however, not unimaginative, as you tried to write words that in no way represented your thoughts.   

I apologize that the post didn’t meet your queek analysis. Ta ta! 

Edited by Poppycock

5 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Share with us what you believe bad props can be attributed to? 

Lack of funds to actually do it right, lack of imagination to actually do it right, lack of transportation and maintenance to actually do it right, trying to keep up with a corps who can do it right yet some lack all what I said to actually do it right, lack of some self awareness and limitations to actually do it right.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

You gave the great examples.  Now do the bad ones. 

There are too many to name, and I hate to be that guy who trashes a show that the members did the best they could, with what they were given, but the point is that props by themselves are not inherently bad or unimaginative. It all depends on if they are truly integral to the designers’ plan (and if it is a good plan) and how they are executed. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2