Props an unnecessary necessity or

57 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Exactly! I haven’t read this level of stupid in a long time. 

you obviously have short term memory

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Start your own topic instead of high jacking this one! Thank you 

That would be fine with me.

I might even volunteer to start the other thread... except I do not see exactly where the split should be.  As soon as you put the words "props" and "unneccesary" together (as you did three words into your title), there will inevitably be responses defending that and all sorts of other escalating expenses in the drum corps activity.  If we cannot discuss the vicious circle of fewer corps = higher costs per corps, we cannot understand the damage caused by additional self-inflicted expenses such as props.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

No the memory is just fine sweetie! It's level of stupid

Gee and last month or so you got upset with me for being insulting…. You claimed I should respect others opinions more

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

actually the pay was based on placement...and not every corps was guaranteed money if they didn't place top 3. Now at least in DCI World class, you get a set fee every gig, tho its on a sliding scale based on previous placement. So you didn't have to be a member or not.......your name carried more weight getting paid for the shows that didnt pay based on placement.

You contradict yourself.  DCI world class is a level of membership.  Non-members (i.e. open class, SoundSport, etc.) do not share in that pay.  In fact, the effort to prevent open-class from sharing that pay is so extreme that DCI has segregated those corps into a whole separate tour, and mandated that this separate-but-unequal tour balance its own budget.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, cixelsyd said:

That would be fine with me.

I might even volunteer to start the other thread... except I do not see exactly where the split should be.  As soon as you put the words "props" and "unneccesary" together (as you did three words into your title), there will inevitably be responses defending that and all sorts of other escalating expenses in the drum corps activity.  If we cannot discuss the vicious circle of fewer corps = higher costs per corps, we cannot understand the damage caused by additional self-inflicted expenses such as props.

Then have it! 

44 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Gee and last month or so you got upset with me for being insulting…. You claimed I should respect others opinions more

DCA is not dead yet, but it sure does smell funny, so let’s keep it with the only viable circuit left (DCI). 

6 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

DCA is not dead yet, but it sure does smell funny, so let’s keep it with the only viable circuit left (DCI). 

Well when there are issues that affect both circuits it might be smart to look at all the information.

3 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Well when there are issues that affect both circuits it might be smart to look at all the information.

The cost of DCI touring is unsustainable, so don’t expect to see much if any growth. In fact I expect to see fewer corps but higher quality. What I know about DCA is that it’s DCI-lite and the circuit doesn’t have money for growth. Enjoy what’s left, because none of it may even exist in another ten years. 

18 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

The cost of DCI touring is unsustainable, so don’t expect to see much if any growth. In fact I expect to see fewer corps but higher quality. What I know about DCA is that it’s DCI-lite and the circuit doesn’t have money for growth. Enjoy what’s left, because none of it may even exist in another ten years. 

Like I said earlier I’m surprised the activity has lasted this long….

• Like 1