Props an unnecessary necessity or

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Honestly....i don't see a change until someone gets seriously hurt.

We're already long past that point. Candice Lee of the Blue Devils suffered a severe spinal injury in 2014 (after falling from one of the ladder props, wasn't it?) and temporarily had no movement from the neck down. She spent almost a week in the ICU and had several months rehabilitation, but I believe she was able to walk onto the field with the corps at Finals that year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

8 hours ago, waliman4444 said:

I made a similar observation regarding the increased possibility of injury 2 years ago..With props being moved by non union theatre workers, particularly outdoors, it's almost inevitable that the more elaborate the prop, the higher probability that someone will be injured..But we care about the kids..RIGHT?

And the more the props are torn down and rebuilt at shows and rehearsals. Wear and tear, metal fatigue, more chances for an “ah ####” with assembly/dissembly….. 😬

4 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

And the more the props are torn down and rebuilt at shows and rehearsals. Wear and tear, metal fatigue, more chances for an “ah ####” with assembly/dissembly….. 😬

For several shows in 2015, Boston had issues with some of those 36 banners that wouldn't furl down.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2021 at 12:24 AM, GUARDLING said:

I agree that is also a problem BUT I have done these tours a long time. All one has to do is ask an OC corps who they perform to OR the smaller corps early on in a show. The culture of the viewer has to change before anything else does. This is nothing new, what did people call corps who weren't the top Hot dog corps? Now the lot gets more attention than some corps, Sad

well i go to a show, i watch everyone. i'm not a lot lizard watching lines play stuff great so they can #### out tap rolls on the move, and i close the cooler in time to go in so i am seated by "oh say can you see"

• Like 1

17 hours ago, waliman4444 said:

I made a similar observation regarding the increased possibility of injury 2 years ago..With props being moved by non union theatre workers, particularly outdoors, it's almost inevitable that the more elaborate the prop, the higher probability that someone will be injured..But we care about the kids..RIGHT?

higher louder faster destroyed many knees, backs and legs, yet people cry it's gone.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Just those two? I wonder if Don knew that!

yes i read his book

15 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Are there more or less hot dog corps now? 

IMO more seem to go on later spewing pretentious ####

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hostrauser said:

We're already long past that point. Candice Lee of the Blue Devils suffered a severe spinal injury in 2014 (after falling from one of the ladder props, wasn't it?) and temporarily had no movement from the neck down. She spent almost a week in the ICU and had several months rehabilitation, but I believe she was able to walk onto the field with the corps at Finals that year. 

and the kid at Crown in 2010 from running his ### off all summer. and so on and so on...and.......well.....

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

well i go to a show, i watch everyone. i'm not a lot lizard watching lines play stuff great so they can #### out tap rolls on the move, and i close the cooler in time to go in so i am seated by "oh say can you see"

More people like this and things WILL change