You Won't Believe This BUT.....

In 1979 while stationed in Germany as a Military Police K9 Handler, I would sit out at the kennels for a 24 hour tour. I would sit out there a daydream and miss the drum corps activity.  I had this cool idea of doing a light show on a football field. This was before LED lights and way before Brass Theater. When Star of Indiana turned into Brass Theater and then Blast. I knew my ideas weren't crazy! Just thought I'd share this with you

Uh oh. You're not foreseeing the future of drum corps shows with full-on lights, are you? Even MORE props. Gasp.  😵

It's a good bet that props and electronic enhancements, both musical and visual, will become more of a staple in drum corps shows in the next couple of seasons as groups begin to utilize these to compensate for the inevitable drop off in corps size and skill levels caused by a year or so of inactivity and lapse in recruitment.

This could help the smaller and less capitalized teams to become more competitive vis-a-vis the major leaguers.

"Lights. Camera. Action!"

Edited by ironlips
clarity