Wisconsin Celebration tour venues

I have 1.5 to 2 hour drive to either of the WI venues.  I staked them out on google maps and they both look like High School football fields with low bleachers.  Can anyone tell me what Cedarburg or Madison look like and would it be worth the drive to a high school stadium?

Both Sun Prairie (madison) and cedarburg are  very good drum corps venues. Sun Prairie in on the side of a hill, maybe 30 rows up (no track). Sun Paririe is at least 3 times the size of Middleton, where the Madison show has been the past several years. Cedarburg is maybe 25 rows up.  Both are great for viewing.  La Crosse stadium is at the university and is two tiered, about 50 rows up and very wide. Excellent drum corps stadium. 

1 hour ago, Brian Tuma said:

I would highly recommend Cedarburg. If the Rotary Club is in charge, they put on a well run show. You can easily walk from the high school to Main St for a good meal. It’s almost a little too quaint. Lol

Plus, if you sit low, you’re right on the field.  

• Like 1

Problem with Cedarburg is that the stands face West so only the last couple of corps will appear after the sun goes down.  Unless you want to be extra crispy going into Indianapolis I would pass.  Shortened season  means  less exposer to the sun for fans. Plan on plenty of sunscreen.  I plan to attend all five of the other Midwest Combine Shows.

8 hours ago, dcifanforlife said:

Problem with Cedarburg is that the stands face West so only the last couple of corps will appear after the sun goes down.  Unless you want to be extra crispy going into Indianapolis I would pass.  Shortened season  means  less exposer to the sun for fans. Plan on plenty of sunscreen.  I plan to attend all five of the other Midwest Combine Shows.

Bullfrog Sunscreen/Insect Repellant will be my friend for the Midwest Combine.  Having grown up in Wisconsin, I can remember many a rehearsal where the field would get sprayed for the lovely Wisconsin state bird (mosquito).

:doh:

8 hours ago, dcifanforlife said:

Benedictine university is the same. Blinding. 

Sun Prairie has a fantastic newer stadium, just be aware that it's off of Main Street and not actually at Sun Prairie H.S.

Cedarburg has a decent smaller stadium, but as others have said you'll be in direct sun the entire time. Cedarburg is actually a nice little touristy town for such a close suburb. Lots of boutiques and cafes on Washington Avenue.

As I live closer to Cedarburg, that's probably where I will go. But if I had to travel from a distance to either site I would choose Sun Prairie.