Marching band gets another punch in the gut and more bad publicity

3 hours ago, BigW said:

It's not easy when you felt you've been lied to by someone for a long time, Jeff. Not at all.

No and sadly this is the 2nd one in the last 5 years. you never truly know people i guess, especially since people keep calling me nice

20 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

No and sadly this is the 2nd one in the last 5 years. you never truly know people i guess, especially since people keep calling me nice

Whenever someone says they can “tell” if someone is like this I bring up the IT contractor we had for years. Guy was totally professional (if a little pompous) knew his stuff and really dug into something if he didn’t know the answer. Have a Meghans list Magazine someone tried to sell some years back. He’s one of the very few listed as “violent predator” and mug shot looks like they dug him out of the gutter. You never can tell

Pennsylvania has problems but not anymore than other states. What do you expect with the behavior that fosters this type of perv's to exist. They come up where sexual hazing is allowed. Then never to be spoken about again, or you will be warned or deleted. Those who participated or instigated that type of behavior go on to become instructors, band directors, board members and even corps directors. 

5 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Whenever someone says they can “tell” if someone is like this I bring up the IT contractor we had for years. Guy was totally professional (if a little pompous) knew his stuff and really dug into something if he didn’t know the answer. Have a Meghans list Magazine someone tried to sell some years back. He’s one of the very few listed as “violent predator” and mug shot looks like they dug him out of the gutter. You never can tell

Edited by Tim K

19 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

You're generally fine. Perhaps too honest for some people and intolerant of stupidity. Also intolerant of dishonesty and lying. 😉

On 6/16/2021 at 6:54 PM, MikeD said:

In NJ, a recent law (couple of years ago) was passed so that when a staff person has applied to a district for a position, the former districts can and must share the reason for the person leaving, even if there was no charge and conviction.

Before that, many times the first district just let the person resign, especially if parents of involved students did not want to subject their children to further stress by pursuing a court case. In those days, the first district was not permitted to discuss the reason for the resignation, otherwise the teacher could sue that district, as legally all they did was resign. 

I think most of us old timers know of lots of cases of teachers moving around various districts due to the old policies. That is thankfully no longer the rule.

Interesting, Mike. The thing is, if it were a legit reason, how far does the district have to go in deliniating the reason?

Is it as simple as "Big W didn't leave West Barndoor HS for ANYTHING to do with sexual misconduct", or does it have to be more specific-

"We got a new Director that brought in his own people..."

"Big W didn't like driving 50 miles one way to rehearsal..."

9 hours ago, BigW said:

Interesting, Mike. The thing is, if it were a legit reason, how far does the district have to go in deliniating the reason?

Is it as simple as "Big W didn't leave West Barndoor HS for ANYTHING to do with sexual misconduct", or does it have to be more specific-

"We got a new Director that brought in his own people..."

"Big W didn't like driving 50 miles one way to rehearsal..."

No idea  on that question. I would think they would tell the new prospective district of any "unsavory" issues with the person, but I don't know how specific they would be.

10 hours ago, BigW said:

You're generally fine. Perhaps too honest for some people and intolerant of stupidity. Also intolerant of dishonesty and lying. 😉

stop trying to ruin my reputation.

• Haha 3

On 6/17/2021 at 10:02 PM, WilsonStaff said:

Pennsylvania has problems but not anymore than other states. What do you expect with the behavior that fosters this type of perv's to exist. They come up where sexual hazing is allowed. Then never to be spoken about again, or you will be warned or deleted. Those who participated or instigated that type of behavior go on to become instructors, band directors, board members and even corps directors. 

Don’t understand why the finger is pointed just at corps/band people. Day the school drum helper was arrested a 19 year old was arrested for the same thing in a neighboring county. Today a 51 year old in the same neighboring county arrested for  same thing. Neither one works with schools that I saw.

Just bugs me as goes against the security training I get year after year… if you stereotype that a problem is only coming from one direction you’re going to get bit in the butt from another direction 

edit: and according to Find An Inmate a distant (in law) relative is due to get out of prison (again) next month for…. Same…. ####…. Thing…

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1