Best Decade of Drumcorp

Have audio of shows going back to 1950 and video with sound back to mid 1960s. I know what my favorite is but best decade….

Any decade where the activity still exists

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1990s! But I'm answering this as my favorite decade, not the best. Who am I to define best?! 

• Like 1

my "best" 10 years would fall 84 to 93 - jmo corps still played actual whole songs with a complete music idea, it was still acoustic, but the visual "revolution" was underway - sorry that's not exactly a decade

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, keystone3ply said:

Could the best decade of drum corps be decided by the highest final's scores or highest average for the entire season?  I know, this opens up another can of worms; different score sheets, standards, apples to apples, etc... :whistle:

No.  For the reasons you stated.  Drum Corps won DCI in the 70's two (three?) years without breaking 90.

My first live corps experience was 1980.  I was blown away by what I saw.  The '80s is one of my favorite decades in DCI because it was the beginning of an activity that I still watch to this day. 

Someone just posted all the corps that appeared at DCI East, Allentown that year on YouTube - the show that 27th won over Devils.  So many different perspectives not shown on the finals broadcast that year. 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Continental said:

My first live corps experience was 1980.  I was blown away by what I saw.  The '80s is one of my favorite decades in DCI because it was the beginning of an activity that I still watch to this day. 

Someone just posted all the corps that appeared at DCI East, Allentown that year on YouTube - the show that 27th won over Devils.  So many different perspectives not shown on the finals broadcast that year. 

Interesting to no one except me, two of my old girlfriends were in that corps. My girlfriend from high school (lead soprano) and my girlfriend from 1979 Lancers (keyboard).

Edited by Jurassic Lancer