DCI receives $4,700,000 grant

Your tax dollars at work…. 😫

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Continental said:

Is that a positive reference or do you think it's a bad thing?

The clue is 😫…. That’s my usual “pithy comment” ($1 to BigW) regarding how US govt spends money. And having worked for Uncle Sugar… I mean Uncle Sam I have said it many times…. 😈 Stopping there before I derail…

• Haha 2

Just now, IntercalaryTurtle said:

Not to get political but there are plenty of way worse things that my tax dollars are going to. This is fine in comparison.

I usually think of food, shelter and job training…. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

The clue is 😫…. That’s my usual “pithy comment” ($1 to BigW) regarding how US govt spends money. And having worked for Uncle Sugar… I mean Uncle Sam I have said it many times…. 😈 Stopping there before I derail…

I do not agree.  I have seen much worse situations with what has happened in the past with handouts.   The news is full of situations where handouts in the US were outrageous and subsequently ill spent.   

I am glad DCI got this.   This is a pittance in comparison to many others where it seems out of control.

I don't want DCI to die.  I hope this keeps them alive. 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Continental said:

I do not agree.  I have seen much worse situations with what has happened in the past with handouts.   The news is full of situations where handouts in the US were outrageous and subsequently ill spent.   

I am glad DCI got this.   This is a pittance in comparison to many others where it seems out of control.

I don't want DCI to die.  I hope this keeps them alive. 

To be fair I would like to see the breakdown and reasoning behind where the $$$ figure came from before I agree or blast any further.
I know this money was spent/wasted in too many ways. But seeing waste in some areas doesn’t excuse it elsewhere. Just too many years of getting it up the you know what at work due to waste that kills the budget in areas where the $$$ was needed. 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1

I think this grant is generally a good thing. DCI can pay off their credit cards now. My question is does this mean the member corps are going to get a share of this grant or is this designated for DCI’s office only?

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

To be fair I would like to see the breakdown and reasoning behind where the $$$ figure came from before I agree or blast any further.
I know this money was spent/wasted in too many ways. But seeing waste in some areas doesn’t excuse it elsewhere. Just too many years of getting it up the you know what at work due to waste that kills the budget in areas where the $$$ was needed. 

Same here.  The $ didn’t just show up ‘out-of-the-blue’.   Would love to see the paperwork DCI put in asking for the cash.  I would think this is something that could be accessed via Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) although I would hope DCI is transparent & we don’t need to resort to a FOIA request. 

• Like 2