DCI receives $4,700,000 grant

While the grant may not be to cover keeping DCI Employees employed, the money from this would free up other money to make sure people are working. That's a good thing.

I think the best question may be, how will the money be spent? I can think of a lot of great ways this money could be spent. My general thoughts are that if the money is spent developing young people from  all walks of life and advancing performance arts, I'd be fine with it.

Jim, I have no pithy comments here. I have to wait for the right subject to have one. 🍺

• Like 1

I want my cut. Years of sweaty bus rides is worth some compensation. 

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

You must be new to DCP (😎) - someone here will find a way.

The only way I could think this would be a negative is if they use the money to get personal company Lamborghini Aventadors upholstered with beige Cinghiale Wild Boar hides (I kid you not, seen a Miura with the wild boar hides, very nifty) or some other ridiculous misuse.

Edited by BigW

From reading DCI's announcement, this grant will "assist in compensating . . ." .

If I'm reading that correctly, the grant is to address losses for 2020 do due to no ticket sales.

Apparently, the $4.7 M isn't enough to wipe out DCI's debt and get them "into the black".

So the question is, just how much "red ink" is DCI still carrying ?

56 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

You must be new to DCP (😎) - someone here will find a way.

Or some grumpy nut bag (me) will think of a way DCI could screw the pooch (astronaut term) with the windfall. Again seeing where the money is earmarked to go will tell a lot.

and best word to describe me in cases like this….. cynic 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2