DCI receives $4,700,000 grant

5 hours ago, IntercalaryTurtle said:

Not to get political but there are plenty of way worse things that my tax dollars are going to. This is fine in comparison.

I know of one company in Boca that was convicted of defrauding Medicare for over $5 million for fake claims involving wheelchairs, scooters, etc...   That's ONE CASE!  I won't even mention the millions of dollars that the NEA has ###### away on "performance art."  (Like a guy getting $25k to have people watch him #### on a canvas in an art gallery)

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

From reading DCI's announcement, this grant will "assist in compensating . . ." .

If I'm reading that correctly, the grant is to address losses for 2020 do due to no ticket sales.

That raises another question.

As we are so often reminded, "DCI is the corps".  More specifically, most of the $10,000,000 that would flow through DCI annually goes back to the corps.  I imagine both DCI and their corps are applying for small business assistance, and describing their "loss of revenue"... which is often the same revenue.  How do they avoid double-dipping?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JimF-LowBari said:

The clue is 😫…. That’s my usual “pithy comment”  

And you've made Bill O'Reilly happy using a word from one of his many "word of the day" segments.

6 hours ago, IntercalaryTurtle said:

Not to get political but there are plenty of way worse things that my tax dollars are going to. This is fine in comparison.

Like the billions over many decades to countries who still want to bury us.

Edited by Ghost

45 minutes ago, Ghost said:

And you've made Bill O'Reilly happy using a word from one of his many "word of the day" segments.

Lol Westshoremen bari line used it in the late 70s. Mix of music majors (1sts), technical people (2nds) and blue collar railroad workers (3rds). He should pay us to use it 😈

And if he says “wanna hear another pithy statement… pith me off some more…” he owes me directly (oh these blue collar kids who go to state colleges)

Edited by JimF-LowBari

2 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

From reading DCI's announcement, this grant will "assist in compensating . . ." .

If I'm reading that correctly, the grant is to address losses for 2020 do due to no ticket sales.

Apparently, the $4.7 M isn't enough to wipe out DCI's debt and get them "into the black".

So the question is, just how much "red ink" is DCI still carrying ?

They’re over 4.7 million in debt?  😳

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

This is a Federal hand out for DCI to do with it as they please. It’s still far short of what is actually needed for annual operations. Hopefully they will stop with the cast of Ben-Hur approach to administration and become more responsible. 

Hopefully, some lessons have been learned but I have my doubts. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Apparently, the $4.7 M isn't enough to wipe out DCI's debt and get them "into the black".

So the question is, just how much "red ink" is DCI still carrying ?

I’m certainly not well informed into DCI’s operations, but how do we know that the $4.7 million isn’t enough to get them “into the black.”?