DCI receives $4,700,000 grant

giphy.gif

h/t to the wonderful members of Music City for giving us this show.  

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Like 2

On 6/26/2021 at 2:20 PM, Terri Schehr said:

Jim and I will never collect what we paid in if we live to be 100.  I’d rather have invested the money myself.  

You were never paying into a retirement account for yourself, you were always paying for the people then on SS (your parents or grandparents). This is not new information.

No problems getting the PPP converted into a grant for my business either. Guess my accountant and attorney are stupid compared to others'. 😆

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WilsonStaff said:

Incredible derails.

please. Brasso isnt involved so we are nowhere near DCP record derail status

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Slingerland said:

You were never paying into a retirement account for yourself, you were always paying for the people then on SS (your parents or grandparents). This is not new information.

No problems getting the PPP converted into a grant for my business either. Guess my accountant and attorney are stupid compared to others'. 😆

After the experiences of the two competitors I posted about, I have no regrets about staying away from the PPP.

Rather then take out a loan, that might become a grant,my accountant recommended furloughing employees ,until the economy recovered enough to bring them back.

Didn't make much sense to him to take out a loan to pay people,if there wasn't much of anything for them to do.

We partially furloughed several of our staff,from full time to part time.

They were able to collect unemployment, and with the enhanced Federal Benefits didn't get hurt economically.

As the economy improved,we transitioned them back to full time.

On 6/26/2021 at 10:13 AM, DFA1970 said:

Not a bailout. This is part of what congress passed and part of the law was helping non-profits of all kinds. They had to apply like all non-profits do. And in the amount that was passed it is not a lot. You will get a pension or SS right? is that bailing you out?

SS is just a savings account. It's my money that I have paid into SS. Very different than a bailout/handout.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

Ahh, excuse me JR.  It's typed BRASSO.

i have a different spelling, but well that whole "###" thing

• Like 1
  • Haha 2