DCI receives $4,700,000 grant

42 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Jim loves his work so he won’t retire. 🤷‍♀️

Maybe getting burned out my last few years wasn’t so bad after all. 🤷🏻 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Maybe getting burned out my last few years wasn’t so bad after all. 🤷🏻 

I was so burnt out when I retired, Smokey the Bear wouldn’t have worried about a forest fire starting from my smoldering ashes. 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Continental said:

Will we ever get cooking advice on DCP?  

Are there any amazing recipes for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, or mac and cheese?  Tuna fish sandwiches?  Potato salad?

waffles

9 hours ago, skevinp said:

That’s great for now, but once the government realizes a gigolo isn’t a type of woodwind, it may be a different story.

11 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I was so burnt out when I retired, Smokey the Bear wouldn’t have worried about a forest fire starting from my smoldering ashes. 

He’s on vacation for two weeks while we move and he’s still on his laptop working and taking biz calls.  SMH 🤦‍♀️ 

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

He’s on vacation for two weeks while we move and he’s still on his laptop working and taking biz calls.  SMH 🤦‍♀️ 

To have a profession that you love and don't want to leave can keep us alive and happy.  While I understand the the desire to retire, I also understand that sometimes there are are people who need to continue.

I hope your move isn't affected by work commitments. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Continental said:

To have a profession that you love and don't want to leave can keep us alive and happy.  While I understand the the desire to retire, I also understand that sometimes there are are people who need to continue.

I hope your move isn't affected by work commitments. 

No, we’re good.  I’m used to it. I remember driving down the PCH years ago and he took a biz call.  😂 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

No, we’re good.  I’m used to it. I remember driving down the PCS years ago and he took a biz call.  😂 

Hijacking thread but had to laugh. Got trouble calls at home and one was a lady in Pearl Harbor. Kris took the call and handed me the phone. After I hung up she got this 😈 look on her face. “So you got a girlfriend stashed in Hawaii huh? What’s she look like.. is she prettier than me”. Perfect imitation of a friend of ours who was batso crazy jealous. If she saw her husband talking to another woman she’d flip. 
Later I got to meet the “Hawaiian girlfriend “ face to face. Think she had 3 grandkids at the time. 😆

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 1