DCI 2021 Countdown

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Just looked at the 3 closest theaters showing this - 0 seats sold.

The shows of Corps up on the screen this Thurs. will be recent shows of top scoring Corps of recent years too. Recent Alums of Corps from the last decade (or even 2 decades) are gong to have to step up to the plate with more financial support.  its no secret that some Elite Corps recent fund raising goals, publically set at numbers they hope to reach on any given fund raiser, are not being reached lately. I can't think of a time when raising revenues were more critical to all these Corps, Elite Corps or otherwise, than right now... here in 2021.

Edited by Boss Anova

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Just looked at the 3 closest theaters showing this - 0 seats sold.

It’s just not the same. I’ll gladly spend money to see a live performance but shows that already exist in HD somewhere on the internet for free? It’s a no for me, unfortunately.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm going. A chance to see championship corps on a huge screen with enough sound to wake the dead AND theatre popcorn? Wouldn't miss the chance to see old corps buddies and buddiettes. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

I'm going. A chance to see championship corps on a huge screen with enough sound to wake the dead AND theatre popcorn? Wouldn't miss the chance to see old corps buddies and buddiettes. 

Agreed. I like the idea of bringing back the countdown. I remember it being a fan thing to experience with friends during the spring time in high school. Plus, voting for the corps you want to see and judging them was pretty fun. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, crownisking said:

It’s just not the same. I’ll gladly spend money to see a live performance but shows that already exist in HD somewhere on the internet for free? It’s a no for me, unfortunately.

Going to the theater definitely isn't as good as seeing the shows live, that's for sure.  But it sure as heck is better than what you find for free on the internet.  And mostly it's better than watching at home on blu-ray with a good home theater setup.  I'll be the first to admit, my theater experience isn't always as good as it should be.  But I easily recommend people to go.  When it's good, it's AWESOME.  Especially if the sound is cranked up, you can get a good seat, and the theater is packed with enthusiastic and knowledgeable drum corps fans!

• Like 1