DCI 2021 Countdown

1 hour ago, keystone3ply said:

Jurassic Lancer may have called in a large pledge while drinking bourbon.  (See earlier post) :spitting::whistle: 

Meebe. Who wants to know? If you are with the PBS police, you have to identify yourself. It’s the law.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

I'm going.. but you are not alone in your sentiments. I share them too.

Now I have to drive 100 miles to get to a theater that is showing this, so I need just a little more incentive to attend.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Now I have to drive 100 miles to get to a theater that is showing this, so I need just a little more incentive to attend.

I just had to cross the El Jobean bridge but I seriously forgot it was tonight. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

I didn’t realize it was tonight.  Oops. 🤷‍♀️

apparently, you were not the only one - my theater (usually uses 2 screens for the normal year DCI kick off and 75% crowds) had it in just one screen with a total of 11 attendees - 2 of which were toddlers who spent the 2 hours crying / whining - it was fantastic.

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I got to drag along two friends who were new to DCI. They both thoroughly enjoyed it. 

I'll say I'm now definitely SUPER hyped for BAC's show this year. Glad I went just for that alone. 

• Like 1

what is the use of props like in the shows?

are they normal size, smaller than usual, more low key than usual?  any from previous years used?  

also, seems like a good year to introduce new fans to dci.  super fan friendly reps from what i've seen and heard. 

Edited by Lance

Ugh, what a disappointment! The audio was awful and I don’t know if it was the feed from FloMarching or the theater. My complaint fell upon deaf ears. It sounded like it was one channel coming from the front of the theater. 
I felt Dan Acheson had the chance to instill confidence in the health of the activity but failed miserably. I was wanting him to address how the pandemic set DCI back, how they responded and their plans for the future health of the organization. Zero. Zilch. Nada! You know, some transparency. Between he and Rondo everything is just sunshine and lollipops. Tammy Faye had the chance to give some show details and hype The Academy and their 20th anniversary but basically only said,  Phoenix hot. Well, duh! 
The Bluecoats live rehearsal was fun. Their drum major was the highlight of the live feed. Also, the Phantom Regiment drum major’s segment was first rate. She knew how to instill confidence in the activity. DCI needs a major overhaul and people like her need to take over.

Edited by Brian Tuma
Edited to give a shout-out to PR drum major
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, Lance said:

what is the use of props like in the shows?

are they normal size, smaller than usual, more low key than usual?  any from previous years used?  

also, seems like a good year to introduce new fans to dci.  super fan friendly reps from what i've seen and heard. 

Bloo looks like they're going to be using similar props to 19. Cavaliers have the stage from 17. Boston is going to have giant video screens on the field to go along with their "Zoom" show. Besides that it was hard to tell. With Phantom they showed the ballad from their 03 show but not this year, and Blue Knights just showed the brass running a chunk with no guard, drums or pit. I thought the whole thing was well put together and the past shows they featured were all good picks.

Edited by tommynev